Any good tarot movies?

jdev

I'm fishing around netflix trying to find things but to no avail. I know and love "The Gift" and have seen it many times. Also "The Skeleton Key" which is hoodoo and not tarot. Any suggestions, my dear friends?

Hers,
Jagadeesh

shaveling

"Edmond," maybe. It's a Mamet script starring William H. Macy. It's not about Tarot, but shows the story unfolding in terms of a reading the main character receives near the start of the story. There are a lot of posts in this thread you might find helpful.

velvetina

Peter Cushing reading Tarot on a train for various characters in an old Hammer film...can't remember the exact name, its something like 'Dr. Terror's House of Horrors'...

Carla

The Red Violin

HudsonGray

Yes, the Red Violin had a great reading at the start that predicted things through the entire movie.

jdev

I LURVE The Red Violin! It's so good!!

KMilliron

Watching Princess and the Frog right now. They have tarot cards, but not the most accurate, and in a negative light. Tarot cards nonetheless. Figured I'd pause it and drop a line here. Now shhhh, I must finish this movie!

SunChariot

jdev said:
I'm fishing around netflix trying to find things but to no avail. I know and love "The Gift" and have seen it many times. Also "The Skeleton Key" which is hoodoo and not tarot. Any suggestions, my dear friends?

Hers,
Jagadeesh
I reallhy liked Scoops, the Woody Allen movie. It is Tarot related.

Babs

gregory

The Red Violin is THE tarot movie. ALL tarot ! Wonderful stuff.

The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus has cards - and they are actually CREDITED for once - to Lo Scarabeo :)

And Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her has five stories running through it, and one is about a tarot reader, played by Calista Flockhart.