Scythe- Can it ever be good?

214red

can the scythe ever really be good?

Can a scythe show that its cuts are for the best? i mainly use the Mystical lenormand at the scythe is resting on a load of hay that thats just been cut, and the cart is pulled by an ox. the scythes point is facing to the right, so according to the LWB it says that whatever is facing the point is where danger lie.

Scythe+clouds if the dark clouds are left towards the scythe, could the scythe cut confusion or uncertainties? or would it still be a negative reading? or would it need to be clouds+scythe to be positive

Are there any other examples you have of where you could see the scythe as good?

What are your thoughts on this?

lord_ewin

Sure, the scythe can absolutely be beneficial.

The scythe brings an end to something, if the end to something is something that would be a desired outcome, then I'd say the scythe is being beneficial. Like the Scythe + Cloud example could very well mean the end of confusion / or depression (very much like the Ace of Swords which represents clarity of thought in the Tarot).

You need to look at the surrounding cards, and if you're the type to read meaning in the way the picture looks (ie scythe pointing one way, clouds on this side, woman looking left and away from...), then that's fine, you can use that in your interpretations. It's all about getting to know your cards and how you relate to them.

I personally don't follow that in my readings, prefering to find meaning in how the cards relate to one another.

From experience, the scythe can be a very bad card to have, so don't take a warning lightly when you see it... but if the cards seem to be indicating something beneficial (like the end of a negative influence), then you should highlight its benefits accordingly. :)

Hope this helps,
LE

Ronia

Sure. My favorite Scythe + Mountain, and end of the blocakges, delays, etc. I take it seriously when it's surrounded or next to other negative cards but the golden rule (in my knowledge) is that the next card (if your Scythe cuts to the right) will be ended/taken/cut through. So, depends what the next one will be and what is before, above, below. On the other hand, sometimes it goes like a story and the previous card actually tells what will end. Follow your intuition I'd say.

And, not least, the Scythe is also surpsise, shock, out of the blue, which can be good as well.

GryffinSong

I'm a babe when it comes to Lenormand, but when I see the scythe in most decks I've seen, my first thought is of clearing away the useless chaff to make way for a healthier crop. Like decluttering one's home, for instance. When one cuts away old plants, it's often left to compost, creating more fertile soil for the next year.

214red

Thank you all, its very helpful. I asked the question because i got the scythe in my GT and also in a daily reading, and i looked at the cards and thought it looked positive:
Scythe+cloud+park(garden) felt like it cut the confusion, because the cloud was blowing into the scythe, it was my first thought.

in the GT in the house of clouds, which i see as my house of confusion, the scythe is there too, and it doesnt feel bad.also again the row of cards are:
fox+flowers+lily+scythe+clouds+ring+house, so again the scythe +clouds partnership is confirmed.

so am starting to smile a bit when i see the scythe, and not cry when i see it or the clouds...lol i think i might like that combination, somethings should be cut away, or decluttered