Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

Witchy Woman

By the way, what brand of sewing machine did you get? Between my mom and I we have several Singers, two Pfaffs, a White, and a few others. All but the Pfaffs are spares for group sewing gatherings, or old machines that we keep around just in case. We still have the old black 1950s era Singer that my mom bought when she was first married. And I got my old White at a thrift store for $20. It's metal and built like a tank. It still sews perfectly.

HEY..so the teeth are called feed dogs..ok. I have a Brother? its got red accent color. VX~808 model i think...other than that, i know nothing of sewing :(

Witchy Woman

I have been keeping an eye out for a sewing machine but haven't found one yet, and even if I did, well would not be able to get it right now...... Hopefully I will get a job soon........ really need to find one...........

I got mine for 30$ of craigslist. and it works now that i figured it out, before i threw it out the window. lol.

kaleanna

I got mine for 30$ of craigslist. and it works now that i figured it out, before i threw it out the window. lol.

Thanks Witchy,

Will remember that when I can get one.......

Am glad that you figured it out hun :)

GryffinSong

Some fabric stores offer basic sewing classes. It might be something to consider if you find yourself having trouble. I know when you buy a new machine you get free lessons. Not sure what they'd cost otherwise.

Witchy Woman

Some fabric stores offer basic sewing classes. It might be something to consider if you find yourself having trouble. I know when you buy a new machine you get free lessons. Not sure what they'd cost otherwise.

I was just going to ask you that. about the lessons. :). i think I will call jo annes fabs and see if they offer classes. I would love a quick fix on how to operate this darn thing, and the stitch patterns..etc. I mean, i know i can figure it out and all. just be faster haven someone show me. would stop ALOT of aggrevasion.

LadySeishou

By the way, what brand of sewing machine did you get? Between my mom and I we have several Singers, two Pfaffs, a White, and a few others. All but the Pfaffs are spares for group sewing gatherings, or old machines that we keep around just in case. We still have the old black 1950s era Singer that my mom bought when she was first married. And I got my old White at a thrift store for $20. It's metal and built like a tank. It still sews perfectly.
LOL - I inherited my mother's 1950's Singer when she upgraded to something newer years ago and it's the old black Singer that I still sew with today! No fancy programmable stitches but it's super reliable and I love the continuous foot pedal operation :)

BodhiSeed

Mellaenn, I just wanted to tell you "thank you" for doing this swap. It's been a long time since I participated in any kind of exchange here on AT, and this has turned out to be a delightful one. I learned a new divination technique, got some awesome loot:D, and got to know some lovely ladies that I might not have otherwise gotten to know. A wonderful, fun-filled experience! (((Mellaenn:heart:)))

LadySeishou

A question for our experienced F&J readers...

I have used my junk oracle to do readings for myself but I have never done a reading for someone else or have someone read for me. I have been looking through some of the posts here as examples but I was wondering if there were any "rules of etiquette" or commonly accepted practices I should keep in mind when I try my first reading or when I comment on someone's reading for me.

Any advice?

LadySeishou

Mellaenn, I just wanted to tell you "thank you" for doing this swap. It's been a long time since I participated in any kind of exchange here on AT, and this has turned out to be a delightful one. I learned a new divination technique, got some awesome loot:D, and got to know some lovely ladies that I might not have otherwise gotten to know. A wonderful, fun-filled experience! (((Mellaenn:heart:)))

May I second this? This is my very first AT swap and I would like to thank Mellaenn too for everything she's done to make this such a delightful, inspiring and sharing experience for a real newbie like me! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Satori

Three cheers for mellaenn!!!

Hiphip Hooray!
Hiphip Hooray!
Hiphip Hooray!