Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

LadySeishou

May I join a group?

If it's not too late to join a group, may I? I followed this thread last year with great interest but was too late to sign up.

Witchy Woman

Mellaenn said:
Sounds like you have a lot of great stuff! Don't worry about sending it all out; you can save some for the next exchange!

And yeah, that's what I figured on the stones. In fact, I have an entirely different oracle for them.
I think some of the things are kinda cool, but who knows. Ill probably end up making a stone oracle sooner or later.
Im going to see if I cant get this used sowing maching of mine working today, so I can make a throw clothe. I still have to do that rune reading for NikkiB. I think im ready to do that now. :)

Mellaenn

LadySeishou said:
If it's not too late to join a group, may I? I followed this thread last year with great interest but was too late to sign up.
It's not too late at all, we are currently trolling for new members for the next week or so!

Welcome! Do stay lively and interactive on the thread with us so we know you're still with us. :)

Witchy Woman

Satori, thanks for mentioning the shells and people not having them. Ive put a few in my bags, but I can give a sh&! load of shells as extras! I live near the eastern shores. I have literally 5 shoe boxes full of shells. Ive always had hermit crabs also, and bought and kept the shells when they grew out of them and always had a ton for them to grow into.
NOW if anyone needs shells. Feel free to pm me. and I can give you a address and you figure the postage and send a self addressed envelope to me and I will gift you some shells. NO PROBLEM THERE!!! It will need to be a padded larger type of vanilla envelope thought, so hold the size of shells, and not crush them. Im not talking shells the size a fist, but still, they can be bulky sometimes :)
When I had my yard sale last week I got so busy and forgot to put the shells out there and was going to sell a box load for .25 each. Little kids would of lapped that up. but, i forgot :( My gf made 15.$ on .25 match box cars! lol
I do understand that not everyones trash is someone elses treasure though. Heck if ill be happy if I use 5 out of the objects that get sent. Even If just ONE clicks for what I need, makes it worth it! :)
Also a QUARTER, NICKEL, AND PENNIE from another country sounds cool too. If I ship out of country I was going to throw one each in there as an extra.
I found mine from the Bahamas when we went a few years ago, and put those in my Naughty Nauticals one, it fit there perfect and im glad I found them. Thats what gave me the idea to send the coins. OOoop, forgot the DIME

Witchy Woman

LadySeishou said:
I think there giving peeps one more week to sighn up and join others. Then well look for stuff for a month, I believe she said :)
Welcome and gather your loot!

Witchy Woman

Mellaenn said:
It's not too late at all, we are currently trolling for new members for the next week or so!

Welcome! Do stay lively and interactive on the thread with us so we know you're still with us. :)
Yeah, Run Your YAP a whole lot like Witchy Woman POO...and not give anyone a word in edge wise :) giggling...hehehe

O' Satori, your NOT being BOSSY at all. just throwing good advise out there!

Anyone else got ideas of people not having items, from there Location, like the shell idea...throw it out there so WE can give them, if we have them in abundance. :) WOOOOT for the LOOOT

Kinda like if were you live, they import everything and a little amethyst stone is $5.00...then ask someone to send stones. There .75 cents here. THAT sort of thing wont hurt either!

Mellaenn

Great thoughts on what to collect and what to send on the oracles, Satori. The whole idea is cross-pollination. I have many unusual items in my oracle that I would never have even thought of for the oracle.

I love the link to the bottle trees! Beautiful pix and a beautiful analogy to the "tree of life" that emerged for you in your reading.

Every reading is different, speaking of that. I'm sure the folks who've been working with their Junk Oracles will agree that your own method of divining will emerge as you work with it, but what I do is this:

1 - I look my oracle pieces over and get an idea in my head of what they mean (well, most of the time I do, though sometimes a meaning doesn't emerge until I try to read with that piece).

2 - I have the sitter select a number of pieces (or I do so with my eyes closed for long distance readings), anywhere from a dozen to about 20, depending on the complexity of the question and how much time we have.

3 - I toss them onto the casting cloth and study the toss.

4 - I study the pattern of the cast and sooner or later, a "picture" usually emerges, like it will remind me of a kite, or a house, or as in Satori's reading, the image of a tree came to mind before I even cast the reading.

5 - I begin to focus on the little pieces and what they might mean to the sitter .

6 - I open my mouth and the oracle speaks or I begin to type for online readings...can't tell you how it works from there, but I do try to stay open for the first thoughts that come to mind (often an intuitive hit).

Mellaenn

Witchy Woman said:
Yeah, Run Your YAP a whole lot like Witchy Woman POO...and not give anyone a word in edge wise :) giggling...hehehe
You are a delight, keep on posting hon; so glad you're here! :) Part of the magic of exchanges like this is getting to know the other folks as we chat on the thread.

Witchy Woman

Mellaenn said:
You are a delight, keep on posting hon; so glad you're here! :) Part of the magic of exchanges like this is getting to know the other folks as we chat on the thread.
Yeah, my quirky personality can come threw quite often. Well my sisters have described me as quirky before!

kaleanna

morning all,

Not ready to be up this morning, LOL.

Hope to find some more stuff today for the swap bag.