Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!

Mathki

I do hope that someone from Europe will turn up, because it's much too expensive for me to ship to United States and Australia :(

It's even extremely expensive to ship nationally, not to speak internationally! :eek:

Witchy Woman

kaleanna said:
morning all,

Not ready to be up this morning, LOL.

Hope to find some more stuff today for the swap bag.
I cant wait for tomorrow morning...yard sales....yard sales!!!

kaleanna

LadySeishou said:
If it's not too late to join a group, may I? I followed this thread last year with great interest but was too late to sign up.

Welcome to the swap LS :)

Please do join in the fun.

kaleanna

Morning Witchy and Mathki

How are you all this morning?

Witchy Woman

Mathki said:
I do hope that someone from Europe will turn up, because it's much too expensive for me to ship to United States and Australia :(

It's even extremely expensive to ship nationally, not to speak internationally! :eek:
Well I havent in a long time, and I thought it was done by weight, so how much $ american, are we talking about here? Less then $5.00 a package? More than $5.00 a package? I give up a $20.oo...heck ill spend that tomorrow at the sales.
Everyone saying how expensive it is, is making wonder alittle.

Satori

Mellaenn said:
but what I do is this:

1 - I look my oracle pieces over and get an idea in my head of what they mean (well, most of the time I do, though sometimes a meaning doesn't emerge until I try to read with that piece).

2 - I have the sitter select a number of pieces (or I do so with my eyes closed for long distance readings), anywhere from a dozen to about 20, depending on the complexity of the question and how much time we have.

3 - I toss them onto the casting cloth and study the toss.

4 - I study the pattern of the cast and sooner or later, a "picture" usually emerges, like it will remind me of a kite, or a house, or as in Satori's reading, the image of a tree came to mind before I even cast the reading.

5 - I begin to focus on the little pieces and what they might mean to the sitter .

6 - I open my mouth and the oracle speaks or I begin to type for online readings...can't tell you how it works from there, but I do try to stay open for the first thoughts that come to mind (often an intuitive hit).

So Mell, do you grab a random assortment, or do you choose the pieces conciously, then toss them out onto your cloth?

And how many pieces do you have in your system right now?

Witchy Woman

kaleanna said:

Wide awake and getting ready to make some REAL coffee. Just had a cup of the instant, thinking that would do...but I want more and the good stuff. My room mate got his son up and off to school today and forgot to tell me I could sleep in...sooo im up. Gonna try to find a web site to show me how to thread this sewing machine I bought used off of CraigsList...so I can make a throw clothe.

kaleanna

Witchy Woman said:
Wide awake and getting ready to make some REAL coffee. Just had a cup of the instant, thinking that would do...but I want more and the good stuff. My room mate got his son up and off to school today and forgot to tell me I could sleep in...sooo im up. Gonna try to find a web site to show me how to thread this sewing machine I bought used off of CraigsList...so I can make a throw clothe.

Oh hate when that happens about not being told you could sleep in. I don't get to sleep very often (just partof being a mom, LOL) but every once in awhile my 13 yr old will play with my 3 yr old so that I can sleep in a little bit.

Congrats on your new to you sewing machine. I would like to get one at some point but first gotta find a job and get some other things squared away first.

Good luck on finding the instructions on how to thread the machine.

I made a reading cloth for myself to use for tarot cards, oracle cards, runes etc awhile back it is all handsewn. I will post a pic so you can see it.

Attachments

• My reading cloth1.jpg
    My reading cloth1.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 64

Mathki

Witchy Woman said:
Well I havent in a long time, and I thought it was done by weight, so how much $ american, are we talking about here? Less then $5.00 a package? More than $5.00 a package? I give up a $20.oo...heck ill spend that tomorrow at the sales.
Everyone saying how expensive it is, is making wonder alittle.

It's about 15 USD for a package, both to Australia and United States. I guess I could do it, but then it would only be a few, as I don't have that much money. But we can give it a try and see how many we will be :)

Mathki

kaleanna said:

Good afternoon from Denmark ;)

I'm fine, thank you! But the weather here is awful - so I'm stuck inside with my laptop and a cappuccino - how terrible is that?! (Not really :p )