Let's Do Another Flotsam and Jetsam Swap!!!!


> Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Divination



 
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy Woman
Is the objective to get 25 pieces, like a rune throw?
The number of pieces in your oracle is up to you. I probably have dozens and dozens now, but I will tell you from practical experience that I only carry part of the oracle with me to read with. When I cast the pieces to read them, I have the sitter select a number of them. (What ever pops into my head, but usually around a dozen to maybe 20 at the most). I'm attaching a photo of the oracle I read with tonight; it's my iPhone so the light's not good, but maybe it might give an idea.

Some people make various oracles, like an oracle made only of natural things, another oracle of buttons and coins, etc. My fave is metal - I love little items made out of metal, but I do have lots of other things in there, too...
Attached Images
 
Top   #31
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 

Kaleanna, I like that name for your oracle.

Mine is the Oracle of Transformation because initially I had a lot of butterflies and dragonflies in it.

Yay, Aulruna! I am using a tarot pendant that I got from you last year in my oracle (though I don't consider it 'junk').

Hi, Horace...long time, no see!
Top   #32
GryffinSong's Avatar
GryffinSong  GryffinSong is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 May 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,356
GryffinSong 

This sounds like a lot of fun. If I'm understanding correctly, we'll likely have at least a month total to find the stuff? If a month or longer than please count me in. If it's a faster swap I'll have to skip it. I have a show to prepare for and NO stuff saved up, having just recently heard of junk oracles. But I'll start looking NOW!!! LOL
Top   #33
kaleanna's Avatar
kaleanna  kaleanna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Dec 2009
Location: Here Be Dragons!
Posts: 14,507
kaleanna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn
Kaleanna, I like that name for your oracle.

Mine is the Oracle of Transformation because initially I had a lot of butterflies and dragonflies in it.

Thankies Mell


Yours is an awesome name too

So you don't have alot of butterflies and dragonflies in there anymore?


As I was looking for ideas for names, came across the word - Gubbins (meaning similar to bits and pieces) thought that was kinda an odd word, though cool that I learned a new word, ROFL.
Top   #34
kaleanna's Avatar
kaleanna  kaleanna is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Dec 2009
Location: Here Be Dragons!
Posts: 14,507
kaleanna 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn
The number of pieces in your oracle is up to you. I probably have dozens and dozens now, but I will tell you from practical experience that I only carry part of the oracle with me to read with. When I cast the pieces to read them, I have the sitter select a number of them. (What ever pops into my head, but usually around a dozen to maybe 20 at the most). I'm attaching a photo of the oracle I read with tonight; it's my iPhone so the light's not good, but maybe it might give an idea.

Some people make various oracles, like an oracle made only of natural things, another oracle of buttons and coins, etc. My fave is metal - I love little items made out of metal, but I do have lots of other things in there, too...

How do you decide on how much of the oracle to take with you?
Top   #35

Satori's Avatar
Satori  Satori is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 20 Aug 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 8,103
Satori 

Wonderful to see this happening again!!! I am very happy that Mellaenn agreed to be the hostess for this round! We learned a lot doing the last one and it will be fun to watch your progress. I admit I'm already salivating a little thinking....I could sign up...I need more junk......LOL.

I admit, my tastes have shifted and I'm into smalls. Smaller pieces....but yes, I have multiple sets now too. One of mine, the first I ever created is a Toy Oracle. ONLY toys in it in fact.

I have two that came out of our original endeavor and now....now I'm planning a Bizarre Junk Oracle. This kit is based on research I did on African Shaman's who have these junk oracles. I heard about these from Enrique and once I started researching them....I was hooked. I mean, any divination system that has a dessicated monkey paw in it sounds pretty fascinating, doesn't it?

I have an entire tin filled to the brim with junk, so I may sign up to just play. I love junk!

Top   #36
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinSong
This sounds like a lot of fun. If I'm understanding correctly, we'll likely have at least a month total to find the stuff? If a month or longer than please count me in. If it's a faster swap I'll have to skip it. I have a show to prepare for and NO stuff saved up, having just recently heard of junk oracles. But I'll start looking NOW!!! LOL
Well, I hadn't actually come up with a deadline yet, but yes, it does take time to accumulate the junk, so a month sounds fair. Let's see how the sign-ups go and when we've got enough peeps, we'll set a for-sure deadline, but I can make it be no earlier than the end of June.

So come on aboard!

What kind of show are you doing?
Top   #37
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleanna
How do you decide on how much of the oracle to take with you?
I just carry what fits comfortably in the bag. And I think I've swapped some of the butterflies and dragonflies out.
Top   #38
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori

I have an entire tin filled to the brim with junk, so I may sign up to just play. I love junk!

Red Rover, Red Rover, send Satori right over! C'mon...you know you wanna!

Oh, and gotta ask - what meaning would the monkey's paw have? I would LOVE to hear more about the Bizarre Junk Oracle!
Top   #39
GryffinSong's Avatar
GryffinSong  GryffinSong is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 May 2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 6,356
GryffinSong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn
Well, I hadn't actually come up with a deadline yet, but yes, it does take time to accumulate the junk, so a month sounds fair. Let's see how the sign-ups go and when we've got enough peeps, we'll set a for-sure deadline, but I can make it be no earlier than the end of June.

So come on aboard!

What kind of show are you doing?
Awesome, thanks! I took a quick cruise around my house and already put a few things in a velvet bag for our swap.

I'm working on a bunch of greyhound-inspired artwork. The show is a greyhound event called "Mountain Hounds" in Tennessee. Imagine lots of adopted greyhounds, events, seminars, shopping ... I'll have a booth displaying my art quilts, purses, greyhound coats, and shirts with my artwork on them. It's always fun!!! We're taking extra time since Tennessee is a good day's drive away, so we'll be gone probably a week. I'm really psyched!!!
Top   #40
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.