Of Wheelchairs and Skateparks

KMilliron

The inspiration to this spread is somewhat lengthy. Trust me, totally worth it though.

I'm still new in my town, went to the beach to collect some materials, and lo and behold, I came across a skatepark. I enjoy skate parks for many reasons. 1 I enjoy watching people skate, can't do it myself though 2 Scoping out possible musicians and 3 Scoping out males my age of an aesthetically pleasing nature.

One guy stood out to me (not the one with the skinny jeans and afro, but he stood out too) this kid was sitting in the middle of the asphalt. Just chilling. I felt so bad for him, poor guy was in a wheel chair, crippled. Sorry feeling went away when the kid backed up, and zoomed forward, up a ramp, back down, did this bunny hop thing onto a ledge... Yeah kid was just kicking all sorts of ash all over the place. Made my day. :D

So this spread is dedicated to He of the Shredding Wheelchairs.

Layout
*1***********8*
**2*********7**
***3*4***5*6***

Should resemble a half pipe, or two facing quarter pipes. Or for those of you who have no clue what I'm saying, make a half circle, then seperate the two halves slightly.​

Card one- Your boundries in their simplest form. If the phrasing confuses you, here are some examples. Wheelchair kid's would be lack of mobility. Maybe you are hearing impaired, like me. Maybe there's sexual, racial, or some other form of discrimination going on.

Card two- Ways this impairment manifests itself most often. Mine would be in music, wheelchair kid's would be in mobility.

Card three- How this impairment gets you down. Basically in terms of the shape of this spread, imagine someone actually taking a bike or skateboard or what have you and going down that first ramp. Think in terms of inertia. This card would be the most extreme in terms of downwards speed. This card could signify extreme emotions, such as depression, frustration, bitterness, resentment, etc.

Card four- How you negatively deal with aforementioned emotions. Cover up? Lash out? Actions would be a big significator in terms of readin card images.

Now onto the positive side of the spread.

Card five- How you positively deal. Again, pay attention to actions.

Card six- What you have set out to prove. Do you know how many people have told me I'll never play guitar? Haha, as immature as this may sound "In your face," which actually summarizes this position quite well.

Card seven- Your potential, where you can go. In terms of skating, when you're at this point riding up a pipe now if where you either realize you'll make it, or you get that sinking gut feeling.

Card eight- The outcome.

I mean seriously that kid made my day. Wish you were there. :D

Linh

Wow, great spread. I don't think it's very versatile, but I think it has the potential to provide a very hopeful, optimistic and insightful reading.

KMilliron

Linh said:
Wow, great spread. I don't think it's very versatile, but I think it has the potential to provide a very hopeful, optimistic and insightful reading.
Definitely not one of my more versatile ones, haha. But one that really strikes with me personally considering all the medical issues I have, and other assorted boundaries people expect me to notice. :D