The Junkanoo Gang

Witchy Woman

Good Morning all. Another for working :) I made a big sort of pouch with my used sewing machine and a used pair of old PJ's. I showed my ex a picture of it, and he remember the Pj's when I wore them. LOL. :)
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k450/Sunshines_Naughty/img719.jpg
The next ones will have more materials at the top. I think I will make this my grab it bag for now

BodhiSeed

Excellent, thank you... I didn't know it was called that... do you know what species it comes from? I've never been able to figure that out... :)

They call it a Congolo seed; all I know about it is that it comes from a tropical palm tree. The pods they come in can grow to six feet long! Still trying to track down the name of the tree itself...
ETA:
It appears it may not be from a tree but from a vine called Entada gigas (monkey ladder):
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/plmay97.htm

GryffinSong

WW, your pouch is beautiful! Did you say you're a sewing noobie? You did GREAT, as good as any pro!!! :)

kaleanna

Awesome WW! love the bag!

linnie

They call it a Congolo seed; all I know about it is that it comes from a tropical palm tree. The pods they come in can grow to six feet long! Still trying to track down the name of the tree itself...
ETA:
It appears it may not be from a tree but from a vine called Entada gigas (monkey ladder):
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/plmay97.htm

Thank you so much, bodhran :):):) I collected that seed off the beach many years ago... and it was definitely a 'drift seed'... In that it didn't belong on that beach, other than as... well... flotsam and jetsam :):):)

I'm glad it has an exciting story, because I always thought it was quite beautiful, but would never plant it, as I knew it was from somewhere tropical :) The pods would make awesome rattles... :)

Witchy Woman

WW, your pouch is beautiful! Did you say you're a sewing noobie? You did GREAT, as good as any pro!!! :)

Aww shucks. thanks. Yep I am pretty much a newbie yes. A few years ago I started to make a few pouches with my moms machine, but my business got busy. and the place I was going to try to sell these bags to, didnt want to get them, cuz she had another person maken bags. although, her other persons bags were completely different color and style of taste...but owell. I can make and sell them now, on my own.. :) If I choose!
but thanks.

Witchy Woman

You got your machine working... well done... it's a lovely pouch, Witchy... :)

Awesome WW! love the bag!

I thank you guys for your kind words. I also like this mini quote feature as I couldnt do it before like Yall did :)
I also, like the top of page, at the bottom of the page, althoug, ive only found it after posting...? but what about when you click on something to read, and it takes you to the top of the page, and not the last post? hm...
im so much NOT a puter nerd...

linnie

I thank you guys for your kind words. I also like this mini quote feature as I couldnt do it before like Yall did :)
I also, like the top of page, at the bottom of the page, althoug, ive only found it after posting...? but what about when you click on something to read, and it takes you to the top of the page, and not the last post? hm...
im so much NOT a puter nerd...

For me, the click on last quote button takes me ALMOST to the right qiote... not to the top of the page, but the bit I want to read is just above the page frame of my computer... and the toolbar of this computer always seems to take upm a bit of 'page' space... :)

Mellaenn

Just a quick hello to everyone. I wanted to let you know that after this evening, I will probably not be online very much here at AT until Monday evening because we have family coming to visit.

At this point I think that some people are still waiting for a package here or there, but mostly we are at the point where everyone can exchange readings; I would advise that when you have time try to do at least one reading here. Not everyone has the time, but this is a great opportunity. I especially love reading for someone with items that they sent me - I can feel THEIR energy. (But then, I'm into psychometry!)

Anyway, send me a p.m. if you have any questions; otherwise, I'll see you all in a few days.

Have fun!