The Booty Babes

BodhiSeed

Have you guys opened MM's yet? I was going to post about it but didn't want to spoil any surprises...

Satori

Yes! Opened and loved!

But puzzled about a few items....like the tusk?

And Mr. Big....the giant cockroach????

And...the knots?

BodhiSeed

Yep that roach could send some querents running if they pulled that out of the bowl with their hand!:D I want to ask about the tusk/tooth!

Satori

I've done knot magic in the past, but the priestess had us burn the knots that we tied up.

I'm wondering what these knots are all about. Is it bad if they come undone, good, neutral....???

BodhiSeed

Dear MM, I hope you're having a blast on the trade train, with your daughter, or somewhere nice.:) I loved my bags of goodies, including all the lovely tumbled stones.:heart: My favorites: the Tabasco bottle, the two peas? in a pod charm, the turtle, the bead acorn, the tooth, and of course Georgia's state insect.:D

BodhiSeed

Satori said:
I've done knot magic in the past, but the priestess had us burn the knots that we tied up.

I'm wondering what these knots are all about. Is it bad if they come undone, good, neutral....???
I'm thinking maybe it could just be a symbol of being tied in knots.

morticia monroe

HI guys! I just got home and all 3 pf my packages are waiting so off I go.... I'm sorry no note, I'm one who starts to write, messes up, starts again, and ends up a week late simply behind trying to write something fitting. So I just bagged it all up and sent it.

I hoped you'd like Mr Big. He's one of my favorites. The tooth is from an alligator. I sent everyone different stones, although you should each have a piece of moonstone, apache tear, ocean jasper, quartz point, and tumbled quartz.

Oh, and the knot is intended to be just that. I just thought that it was something that could be interpreted in so many ways...

Off to open my packages!

Satori

Look what washed up on my shore!

From the delightful Morticia Monroe:
Thank you so much Morty! I love it all!

a large white button with horizontal lines
a 7Up bottle cap
a jack
a copper pendant of a Tiffany Lamp!
an anchor button
mini tobasco
Mr. Big
3 plastic buggies-purple butterfly, blue-green ladybug, green fishy.
a crescent metal moon-my fave
a compass-another fave
bodypunks.com button
very cool columbus wooden coin
teeny metal charm with 2 puppies
2 beads, one wooden with asian writing, one white with stylized grecian waves or rope type design
knotted leather cord
teardrop faceted faux crystal point

And a bag of crystals, two of which are amazingly gorgeous!
-a tiny apache tear
-a piece of malachite, shaped like a skinny bony finger
-an alligator tooth!!!! cahool! Wow! My favorite thing. Right there.
-very clear crystal point, with two more growing way at the base
-a very nice slab, brownish, reminds me of a turtle head, so it is now my turtle head stone
-an orangey stone, which sometimes looks heartshaped, others looks like an alien head!
-several pieces of white-clear tumbled quartz
-a moonstone, I think.
-an small tumbled amethyst
-a blocky metal piece
-a blue bead with 6 little crystals set into it
-two plastic toothpick swords! LOL
-a tiny metal key-my first key for MoonBell. ( I have a black, hematite key in Opal.)
-another quartz specimen, with tiny points, on matrix
-lastly, my two faves.
One is soft matte to the touch, black, with layers, sort of translucent at the base, getting blacker as it goes up. In the bottom part, where it is translucent, you can see the outline of a shark or narwhale. Still deciding.

The other is also matte, soft to the touch. I'm very tactile, so the matte feel is so velvety, I love it. This one is white. A spirit stone for sure. Some kind of jasper. It looks like it is transforming...into...something. But the transformation isn't finished yet. I love this white stone. Perfect choice for me!

I still need to check out the bodypunks website....off to see it now....

I really enjoyed this exchange with all of you. I'm very happy with my treasures. And I'm doubly happy because pretty much all of it will be usable.

Satori

About the stuff from me...

The Elvis Stamp:
I saved the RSVP stamps from my wedding, which is why you hopefully all got an Elvis stamp. I loved the way they looked with the postal stamp across them...I just cut them all out way back then and saved them. I had no idea what to do with them, so here they are for you guys. Gryff, maybe you can turn yours into a card like you did with the Tarot cards.

The slide charm X's:
Every treasure map has an X to mark where the treasure is buried. Now so do you all!

Origami Frogs:
My older daughter Sage makes these, and my younger daughter sells them in sets to her friends. It is a little game, making the frog jump into the pond. Where will your frogs land?

Magic Wands:
I think you all got a little wand from me. These were earrings I made when I first started to bead. I had a spool of wire and I made my own head pins and just sort of strung things onto the wire and made my own little things. These date back to 1989-92. So they represent me learning to bead, experimenting with my creativity. Now I call them magic wands.

Enjoy!

BodhiSeed

Hey MM, what is that brownish, reddish polished slab that was with the stones? It was gorgeous.