The Booty Babes

GryffinSong

KMilliron said:
I've got a five minute drive to a chunk of Lake Erie just ravaged by some hardcore weather so the real question is Whatcha need?

A smooth, beautiful piece of driftwood that catches your eye. Probably no longer than 2" or 3" at the most.

And perhaps a unique shell or stone or two to go with it. :heart:

Thanks, k, and as far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to join in a swap with us or just with me if you like. :)

KMilliron

GryffinSong said:
What a beautiful, beautiful reading, Satori!!!!

K, I'd like to take you up on a thing or two as well. Not sure what, but I'd love driftwood. I used to love to collect it and am not sure I have any left.

What size are you looking for? Haha, not sure how the PO will react to some of the stuff I may end up bringing in. :D

As for shells I also make pendants and from that experience I'd say a watered down liquid glaze should strengthen and add luster to your shells.

ETA: Nevermind, you answered it haha.

GryffinSong

I was wandering around the house making sure I have everything I need for tomorrow's trip, idly thinking about oracle bowls. And I realized that I have the perfect thing. I have several bowls that I bought on Cape Cod (on the ocean in Massachusetts, for anyone reading this who's unfamiliar with the eastern United States). Not only did I buy them at the beach, while staying with an old quilting friend, but these bowls are hand crafted of recycled glass. Nothing could fit the spirit of this group better, I think.

Here's the one I'm planning to use for now ...

Attachments

• flotsam and jetsam oracle.jpg
    flotsam and jetsam oracle.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 65

Satori

I wonder if you ever find any operculums when you are on the lake shore?

Ok my list is about to grow:

Three pieces of driftwood, smallish, gnarly. I'm looking for faces in the lines, or some kind of knots, as if little sprites are trapped in the wood. Hearts, triangles, rounds also are acceptable. But I do love me a twisty, weird piece as well. And if it looks like something all the better.

If you can find some operculums I'd love some of those, maybe a handful. Let me know if you need more info on that.

If you find a small bit of rusty nail or metal I'd take that, no sharp edges.

Sea/lake glass. If you find some with words on it, superb. Blue? Wow.

I'm always on the market for a small, flat, round stone.

What kind of shells?

Satori

GryffinSong said:
I was wandering around the house making sure I have everything I need for tomorrow's trip, idly thinking about oracle bowls. And I realized that I have the perfect thing. I have several bowls that I bought on Cape Cod (on the ocean in Massachusetts, for anyone reading this who's unfamiliar with the eastern United States). Not only did I buy them at the beach, while staying with an old quilting friend, but these bowls are hand crafted of recycled glass. Nothing could fit the spirit of this group better, I think.

Here's the one I'm planning to use for now ...
Oh Gryff. That picture made me smile and smile. My heart is so happy looking at that little assortment of items. You must love seeing them all gathered together, sitting so pretty inside that lovely green glass bowl. :angel: What a great assortment. sigh.

So that bowl is holding all the things that have washed up on the shores of your beach. This was the idea I had in the first exchange.

If our lives are a beach-what is it that washes up on our shores?

KMilliron

Satori said:
I wonder if you ever find any operculums when you are on the lake shore?

Ok my list is about to grow:

Three pieces of driftwood, smallish, gnarly. I'm looking for faces in the lines, or some kind of knots, as if little sprites are trapped in the wood. Hearts, triangles, rounds also are acceptable. But I do love me a twisty, weird piece as well. And if it looks like something all the better.

If you can find some operculums I'd love some of those, maybe a handful. Let me know if you need more info on that.

If you find a small bit of rusty nail or metal I'd take that, no sharp edges.

Sea/lake glass. If you find some with words on it, superb. Blue? Wow.

I'm always on the market for a small, flat, round stone.

What kind of shells?
No idea what operculums are, but I'm uploading a picture here in a bit of my current beachy collection. I have more smaller beads and stuff too, but I'd have to put that in another picture. Will provide a link here in a bit...

ETA: There ya go https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IQX4BbkifqWN2qCJdeYtFwm11OttT0ql_N54e1Q2ff0?feat=directlink

Satori

Well snails have that little hard shell that covers their shell hole. When they die they shed the operculum, the little hard bit that protects the shell hole. Sometimes they are white with a spiral, and quite pretty. But I think it depends on the time of year.....

Chronata has found them by a lake near her.

I'd LOVE an operculum. I really would. It's all about protection.

kaleanna

Hiya KM,

thank you for sharing that picture of your beachy items. The shell down at the bottom of the picture looks like it has an interesting design on it.

KMilliron

Satori said:
Well snails have that little hard shell that covers their shell hole. When they die they shed the operculum, the little hard bit that protects the shell hole. Sometimes they are white with a spiral, and quite pretty. But I think it depends on the time of year.....

Chronata has found them by a lake near her.

I'd LOVE an operculum. I really would.
I've never seen those. Look sweet though.

kaleanna said:
Hiya KM,

thank you for sharing that picture of your beachy items. The shell down at the bottom of the picture looks like it has an interesting design on it.
That's one of the ones too large for me to put on a necklace haha. The design is really awesome. A lot of those shells have cool little patterns. I just like sitting there and looking at them.

GryffinSong

Satori said:
...I really would. It's all about protection.

Oh my gosh, they're lovely, and so meaningful. If you find any extras, one for me too please? Next time I'm at a beach I'll have to pay attention for them.

I'm learning SO much today!!! :heart:

Speaking of today, I just want to say how special it's been talking with y'all today. Such beautiful, heart-full people you all are. :)

ETA ... off to try to get some sleep. I'll check in before I leave for Tennessee in the morning, and wish you all a fabulous week in my absence!!! :heart: