The Little Loot League

Satori

Hi ladies. Great stuff happening here. Have a great day! Aulruna, I see some thing I recognize in the Magpie! Great name for her too btw.

:)

Aulruna

The bigger pieces are around 3cm in size. I like to have everything a reasonable but not too big size.

Looters, I have packaged around a dozen of items for everyone - of course, the I dscovered two additional items while shopping yesterday which absolutely needed to go in there, so you have two loose things knocking around in the envelopes! Caution!!

I did not include meanings ... I don't even have fixed meanings for my own oracle, that's the beauty of it!

Flaxen

Aulruna said:
The bigger pieces are around 3cm in size. I like to have everything a reasonable but not too big size.

Looters, I have packaged around a dozen of items for everyone - of course, the I dscovered two additional items while shopping yesterday which absolutely needed to go in there, so you have two loose things knocking around in the envelopes! Caution!!

I did not include meanings ... I don't even have fixed meanings for my own oracle, that's the beauty of it!
Can't wait to receive them, Aulruna. :)

I've got 10 items for each person. Will be packaging them up today ready to send Monday/Tuesday. I wasn't planning on sending a list of meaning either...

Mathki

Aulruna said:

Yeeeah, I can't wait!! :D

Flaxen said:
I've got 10 items for each person. Will be packaging them up today ready to send Monday/Tuesday. I wasn't planning on sending a list of meaning either...

And also for your things, Flaxen! :D

I have collected a few items on the beach and today I also saw some cute things that I needed to include, so I'm working on it, girls! :)

Mellaenn

Aulruna said:

Woo- hoo, this is definitely one of the fun parts; sending and receiving the packages. And we are sending things that you just can't buy somewhere else; they are unique!

No need to include meanings. I just make a little list of some of my ideas for them the way tarot deck authors include a LWB - as a sort of "starter". But oracle pieces do, indeed acquire their own meanings, particularly during readings.

linnie

Hello in there everyone... :) I'm popping in to see what you're all up to... All quiet over in Junkanoo land! :) I've been playing around with all my loot... after climbing ladders and accessing old tubs and crumpled bags of who-knows-what I seem to have a lunch box sized container of booty... But I've been very good and followed the guidelines and have scrapped the 3o+ items thing, and have selected 11 pieces for each of my group... I scanned each bounty-bag, and feel certain that i would be happy receiving any one of them, so hopefully my fellow Junkanoos will be happy, too... and I have a bundle of goodies left for next time... :):):) Thanks for the gentle nudge, Mell... I think we newbies can get very carried away ith all of this...

I have been inspired with a name for my own sweet junk oracle, now, too... "Myriad Pickings Oracle", and I have a lovely brass urn/vase that allows plenty of space to let the pieces live and to scatter from... Myriad pickings is actually looking very sweet indeed... I'm amazed at what has surfaced for inclusion! Have fun, everyone! :):):)

Mellaenn

linnie said:
Hello in there everyone... :) I'm popping in to see what you're all up to... All quiet over in Junkanoo land! :) I've been playing around with all my loot... after climbing ladders and accessing old tubs and crumpled bags of who-knows-what I seem to have a lunch box sized container of booty... But I've been very good and followed the guidelines and have scrapped the 3o+ items thing, and have selected 11 pieces for each of my group... I scanned each bounty-bag, and feel certain that i would be happy receiving any one of them, so hopefully my fellow Junkanoos will be happy, too... and I have a bundle of goodies left for next time... :):):) Thanks for the gentle nudge, Mell... I think we newbies can get very carried away ith all of this...

I have been inspired with a name for my own sweet junk oracle, now, too... "Myriad Pickings Oracle", and I have a lovely brass urn/vase that allows plenty of space to let the pieces live and to scatter from... Myriad pickings is actually looking very sweet indeed... I'm amazed at what has surfaced for inclusion! Have fun, everyone! :):):)
No worries, linne! It's all good.

By the way, just posting here what I've posted on the other threads:

Even though some folks may have a lot of stuff to send (and it’s lovely that they are so generous) our original number was around 7- 10 pieces. I think a few might send more like a dozen or so, but let’s do keep the numbers down in terms of what you are sending to your partners.

Thanks!

Remember our general tone on this forum to begin with, not just in terms of junk oracles, but in terms of what we post and how often, etc. - we try to go for quality rather than quantity. :grin:

Aulruna

Mellaenn said:
Remember our general tone on this forum to begin with, not just in terms of junk oracles, but in terms of what we post and how often, etc. - we try to go for quality rather than quantity. :grin:

But some of us are known for both! :D

I have to admit I had around 17 pieces originally, but then picked the best from them in terms of what I thought felt right for my partners.

linnie, love the name for your oracle!

Flaxen

I was telling my sister about this swap and she loved the idea so much, I'm sending her a few items to start a junk oracle with. :D

Haven't thought of a name for mine yet...

linnie

Aulruna said:
But some of us are known for both! :D

I have to admit I had around 17 pieces originally, but then picked the best from them in terms of what I thought felt right for my partners.

linnie, love the name for your oracle!
Heh heh!!! :):):) I confess, mine look more quality now that they've been thinned out somewhat... I had a few dozen pieces per person, and it just looked scrambled!!! Mostly nice bits, but... er... somehow messy! Thanks for feedback re the name, Aulruna... If I had my camera here I'd be tempted to show you my little Myriad Pickings, but I don't - which is great, because then I am (seemingly) disciplined enough to wait until I've added my new, gifted, pieces to it! :):):)