Tarot Apps

winkee

I'm kind of new to using technology for tarot readings. That said, I have a Droid and downloaded the Galaxy Tarot app. Totally worth it. You can select the cards yourself for the reading, or just skip right past that part and let it choose the cards for you. I always choose them myself. The readings have been spot-on. You can also save the readings that you do and make notes on it as well. It uses the Rider-Waite deck, which is fine with me because that's the one I know best. It gives you multiple ways of viewing the spread as well. As a whole, card-by-card, or as a list with position, meaning, and card pictured to scroll down through. It also goes through and talks about the significance of Majors, numbers, suits, symbols and will make additional comments if you have a high number of anything that appeared in your spread (but I haven't used that part of the app much). I was surprised it offered so much, to be honest. It offers a Past/Present/Future spread, a single card spread, the Celtic Cross, and a relationship spread. I think you can upgrade and get more spreads, I'm not entirely sure on that. The same people make a good Galaxy Rune app as well...

I'm so glad you like our app Amanda! We're working on a BIG update, including some new card interpretation written by me : )

JDisTheBest

I have the yes/no Tarot app for iPhone and it's pretty cool. Gives me nice yes no answers when I need them :p

Soaring Eagle

I'm so glad you like our app Amanda! We're working on a BIG update, including some new card interpretation written by me : )

Winkee, I'm confused. I've been TOTALLY away from computers for about 5 years. Just got back into things. What is Android? I went to check out your software, and it all comes up android. Does this mean it's not for my PC?

JDisTheBest

Winkee, I'm confused. I've been TOTALLY away from computers for about 5 years. Just got back into things. What is Android? I went to check out your software, and it all comes up android. Does this mean it's not for my PC?

Androids a type of cell phone. It's a company

aron23

TarotBot variants

TarotBot is available with various default decks - but all of them support custom decks.

You can even use Orphalese decks in it.

Stormdancer

TarotBot is available with various default decks - but all of them support custom decks.

You can even use Orphalese decks in it.
I WANT this! But I'm such a newb. Are there instructions somewhere?

aron23

setting up custom decks in TarotBot

Instructions for setting up the custom deck or finding the app?

best bet for finding the app is to visit the Android market and search for pub:Liberus or tarotbot

all of them support custom decks except for The Gothic Tarot

to set up custom decks follow the instructions here

Stormdancer

Instructions for setting up the custom deck or finding the app?

best bet for finding the app is to visit the Android market and search for pub:Liberus or tarotbot

all of them support custom decks except for The Gothic Tarot

to set up custom decks follow the instructions here
LOL...I already found the app and bought it! It was the Orphalese instructions I was looking for. Does the "custom" folder already exist?

(I've yet to connect the phone to my Mac...the idea scares me. )

aron23

no you have to create the folder manually, its easiest when the device is mounted and you just do it like you would on your desktop