my first rune cast?

Sterlyn

I recently made my own set of runes. Last night I was "shuffling" my runes in their pouch when the bag seemed to slip out of my hand and 2 stones came flying out. I hadn't even really formulated a question. I was debating on doing a single draw from the bag for the next day.

The two runes were Laguz and Ingwaz. Both were face up but Laguz was turned sideways, point up. I read the meanings that were posted on Aeclectic, but nothing really grabbed me. I am still very clueless. I hadn't done any casts with the stones yet, I was still just trying to get to know the meanings, but I guess that might of been my first cast, whether intended or not. The whole thing didn't feel random, but I am still just as much in the dark as to any coherent meaning as I was last night.

Anyone want to take a stab at this? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Alissa

I don't have very much rune experience behind me yet, but if I were to guess I'd say :

The runes might have been popping out in order to tell you something about how you and they will relate to each other. Not to do a "cast" like you mentioned, since a question was not put to them.

They were "offering" information, in other words.

(And I'm looking at the same web page information for rune interpretation that you are, btw)

Laguz : Stern tests, along a changing journey. Runes can speak plainly, talk tough. Learning to listen "plainly" to them may be a "stern test" of sorts. The journey with your new runes has just begun, the path you take with them will change, inevitably, along the way (as all things do). Listen closely and make wise decisions along the way, and in this way you can show mutual respect to each other (runes and owner).

Ing : A time to listen to self, to turn inwards and work on inward directed growth (be that of the mind, emotions and/or spirit). Your runes may also want to be sure you understand that they will act as a tool to assist you in this endeavor.

These are just my own guesses, and I've never even done a full rune draw, so take it all with a grain of salt, please~! :D Best wishes to you and your new runes.

Sterlyn

Alissa,
Thank you. I am still getting to know my runes. It may be a while before I do a full cast. I want to take the time to get to know them before I do. I really appreciated your insights.

Umbrae

I have found Runes to be quite – magical. It’s like a reality shift occurs when the runes are placed upon the medium. Stones jumping out of the bag? To me, it sounds like impetus towards the ‘getting to know process’; almost like they are saying, “Hurry up, we have places to go, and you’re coming with us!”

When you go for your afternoon walks, take them with you…

Yami Yugi

This may sound naive but i didnt know you could "make" runes. how do you make them. or can you just give me a site that explains it.