Are any of these books worth buying? opinions please

karen0205

I saw this bunch of books for sale and I don't know if any of them are
something that you might recommend. Any opinions?

Thanks for the help~!

-Transformations of Myth Through Time (Campbell)
-Encyclopedia of Magic & Witchcraft (Greenwood)
-The Mythic Image (Campbell)
-The Truth About Witchcraft (Cunningham)
-The Urantia Book (Various)
-The Power of Myth (Campbell)
-The Cyclist's Manifesto (Hurst)
-Divination For Beginners (Cunningham)
-The Prophet (Gibran)
-The Devil's Notebook (LaVey)
-Introduction to Tarot (Levitt)
-South Dakota's Badlands Insiders Guide

publius

I did not read many of these books, but Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth" is a real treasure, highly recommended.

amethyst57

like Campbell's books, but any of the late Scott Cunningham's books are great reads, too...

nicky

The Prophet is beautiful

karen0205

Thank you for the replies, I have not read any of these and I was hoping
I could get feedback from some other members who have read them.

gregory

Anything of Campbell's is well worth studying.

I actually LOATHE the Prophet, but to each their own, Nicky :D

Carla

Thumbs up from me for Campbell and Gibran. Haven't read the others. (I had one Scott Cunningham book but gifted it on as it wasn't really my thing).

Richard

Campbell

Campbell writes about the significance of mythology for modern life. His books are fairly easy to read and give a lot of insight into the way we tick. His writings have had a profound and lasting impact on my life.

Abrac

The LaVey book is good. You won't learn anything about tarot from it, but it has some information about magic not found in any of his other books. It's a collection of essays from the Church's periodical, The Cloven Hoof. It gives the general public a look into LaVey's personality that most people didn't have at that time if not affiliated with the Church or didn't get the periodical. But, as with all of LaVey's writings, a lot of it is half-truth or outright lies. :)

rainstarhorizon

Have to Say Joseph Campbell's Books Are Wonderful

Wow! 3 Joseph Campbell books in one lot! He was a gifted storyteller and so his books are not only an easy read but a treat to read. He was a repository of the world's myths and keenly able to relate that to life. If you are aware of the tarot being likened to the Journey of the Hero then you will find his works particularly beautiful and relevant. At his death Joseph Campbell had amassed a very large Tarot Deck collection, reaffirming his interest in it during his thankfully long life. You would probably really enjoy them as well as likely finding them helpful to your spiritual journey and study of tarot too as part of that.Blessings.....