Is the Numerology "Soul Urge" Number accurate?

peacefulsk8r

Hi All,

I just started researching numerology, and just for fun calculated my "Soul Urge" number.

Some said "Y is not included" as a vowel, others said "Y is a vowel under certain circumstances". So I calculated with both in mind.

My first calculation, WITHOUT the Y as a vowel, was 33. That seemed more correct than my other calculation WITH the y as a vowel, which reduced to 1. Although 1 did seem to indicate some traits I feel I possess (individuality, etc) I identify more with 33 (and not just because it is a "rare number", but because I believe it fits me to a t").

So what do you think? How do you interpret numerology? And are the "soul numbers" etc considered to be accurate? I'm new to all of this, so any comments would be appreciated.

DownwardSpiral

It's been awhile since I've read about numerology and I'm not an expert but I would think if for example your name was Crystal.....the y is being used as a vowel so would count as a vowel. If your name was Yolanda.....the y is being used as a consonant so would count as a consonant.

peacefulsk8r

Thanks DownwardSpiral; the name is "Lynne" so although it probably does fit with the "y as a vowel" move, I'm not sure I agree with the outcome.

Basically, my question is this- has anyone found the "Soul Number" to be an accurate means of divining what your personality, goals, and talents are?

Also, there seems to be a divided opinion on whether a "y" should be considered a vowel or not in this calculation; I saw online somewhere that someone didn't use the "y as a vowel" principle because "the original soul number calcs didn't include y". Then I saw the other sites DID consider y to be a vowel. So I was understandably confused.

So basically, I am confused about two things; what is the "correct", intended way to calc your soul number? My second questions is, in everyone's opinion, are these calculations even considered accurate?
Thanks everyone! :)

medicinalfrog

I had some fun with numerology before and found the chart I construed to be very accurate. As for "what is y?" I would be urged to remind you that divining is a very individual art. What works for some does not always work for others. I read tea leaves and do "everything I'm not supposed to" (read with tea from bags, read present at the bottom/future at the top, etc.) with great success. If using Y as a consonant makes the reading more accurate, then I wouldn't ignore it.

In short, read how you feel is right.

peacefulsk8r

Thank you so much for that advice! I'll "break the rules" then....I felt like using "y" as a consonant presented a more accurate reading. :)