talking boards - Kipling West

Rhinemaiden

With Halloween upon us, and talk in the Tarot Deck section about Kipling West's Halloween Tarot, here's a link to a display of Kipling West's Talking Boards... enjoy!

http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/kips.html

I'm a big fan of Kipling West's art... Halloween Tarot, Tarot for Cats, and find her talking board art fascinating. What do YOU think?? ;)

greatdane

They're GRAND, RhineMaiden!

too bad they're not more readily available. I have a friend who collects boards who would LOVE all these!

I also am a Kipling fan! Love her style and the colors she uses.

So glad you started this thread. Perfect timing with Samhain practically around the corner.

Anam Cara

I LOVE Kipling West's work!
I look forward to October every year,
because for a whole month I get to enjoy my
Black Jack with Hackle Back on my altar!

Here's a pic of the board (and planchette!) from last year...or maybe the year before?
LOVE IT!

:heart:Cara

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00016.jpg
    Imported Photos 00016.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 119
  • planchette.jpg
    planchette.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 117

Dusk Till Dawn

Oh, I still want one of those. To bad there is no way of me ever getting one. Oh, the things I would trade for that..

Rhinemaiden

I LOVE Kipling West's work!
I look forward to October every year,
because for a whole month I get to enjoy my
Black Jack with Hackle Back on my altar!

Here's a pic of the board (and planchette!) from last year...or maybe the year before?
LOVE IT!

oh, that's wonderful! Thanks for posting the pix... love the planchette! :)

does anyone here use talking boards? I had a Ouija board when I was a kid... (and a Magic 8 ball ;) )

greatdane

Wow RhineMaiden

I remember everyone having ouija boards and eight balls in the late 50's, early 60's, which is funny because in many ways, that was such a conservative time (well there were the "witch hunts", ok, political witch hunts, but still....). No one seemed to think twice about getting those for their kids. Then all of a sudden, they seemed to go out of fashion for the majority. I think people are less open to them now than then.

Anam Cara

I still have an 8 ball, and I use it!
Except instead of being black, it's greenish-white
and GLOWS in the dark!
Also, instead of the number 8,
it has a big eyeball!
Creepy in the dark!

greatdane

too cool Anam Cara!

where did you find it, if I may ask?

Anam Cara

where did you find it, if I may ask?
greatdane, I've had it 4 or 5 years, I'm not sure where I found it.
I think it was either a local toy store or Amazon.
I was looking for another one about this time last year, and couldn't find one :(
There is even a website where you can have personalized "Magic Answer Balls" made:
http://www.promobrands.com/magic8balls.htm
but, sadly, no glow-in-the-dark "Magic Eye Balls".

Glitterbird

I remember everyone having ouija boards and eight balls in the late 50's, early 60's, which is funny because in many ways, that was such a conservative time (well there were the "witch hunts", ok, political witch hunts, but still....). No one seemed to think twice about getting those for their kids. Then all of a sudden, they seemed to go out of fashion for the majority. I think people are less open to them now than then.
I quite agree, everyone had them back then. And now if you were to give a ouija board as a gift, your likely to get a lecture and a warning how "dangerous" they are.. You know almost as bad as tarot cards })....

Must be why I love them so dearly ;)