talking boards - Kipling West

Rhinemaiden

Has anyone made their own boards? I have... printed on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper, then laminated... and used with either a pendulum or a thumb stone. Try it!

greatdane

sounds like you've come up with a new biz RM!

Gee RhineMaiden, I bet there are peeps who would pay for something like that.

nicky

starlightexp has made some beauties ... I shall try and get him to post if he has any pics...

GryffinSong

Well, I'd never thought about talking boards before, but for anyone who's even the slightest bit crafty they'd be simple to make. Take a piece of thin plywood or cardboard, find or draw the letters and words you want, and paste some pictures on like a collage. Finish it with a varnish or mod podge or something. Of course if you're artistic you can paint or draw your own images too. It'd be fun, and if I had any interest in a talking board I'd make one myself. Alas, it isn't anything on my wish list at all. I could see the fun in having a little gathering and showing folks how to do it, though. THAT would be fun!!! :)

greatdane

That leaves me out, GryffinSong!

I'm not the TEEEENY TINIEST BIT crafty. Would hire my very young sister (who was like 7) to wrap Christmas pkgs for me because I was so bad at it. I dare not even trim a deck.

I wonder why the Kipling Talking Boards are more, if not mass produced, why there aren't more of them? They're wonderful whether you use them as ouija boards or not. Heck, they would look great on a wall or a table, what a conversation starter for parties!

GryffinSong

Love the K West board. It's so cute, but it really is an art piece and not a good size for actual use...

I didn't notice the size on hers. What's the best size for actual use?

Your board looks great! :)

Anam Cara

According to the merchant I bought mine from,
Kipling's Hackle Back boards were made in two sizes.
Mine apparently is the larger size.
I don't know what the perfect size for boards is,
but mine works great for me.
I'm not currently at home, so will have to measure later,
but it is slightly larger than the mass produced Ouija boards.

:heart: Cara