Arcanum - a boardgame using tarot

gregory

Quite a lot of LS decks are now language free.

Rev_Vesta

There is a series of books based on this..... they are a very interesting read.........

I would love to play the game....... in the book though they played for life and death......not so fun but very addictive......

Cerulean

Mabuse.s link shows Ludy Lescot box pic in first item, but Init. Tarot cards

and the story reference is of interest to me. The stories use these court cards pictured for the Arcanum game?

I know someone who loves Ludy Lescot items, so will investigate further.

I tend to like the Init. Tarot of the Golden Dawn, so was curious which one it is. The court cards look like Init Tarot of Golden Dawn, so Truelighth and Le Fanu have it right. Does the comic or books use the same artist as this game?

Ric introduced the game link in the Ludy Lescot thread, same artist, so sorry if I seem confused.

Cerulean

You are right. I just checked the images on gameboardgeek as well and they are the same. Ok, well, that at least satisfies my curiosity about the deck. The game.. well, I hope one of my fellow gamers may have picked it up so I can try it sometime. My main interest is still tarot over boardgames :D.

Cerulean

Aces/World?

Ordered a Luddy to be sure!

Grizabella

Oh my gosh! I have to have this! Just when I was happily thinking I had reached that wondrously happy place where the fever couldn't reach me anymore. Now I've caught it again. :rolleyes:

Cerulean

More ITGD images from the same artist 90 to 95 percent with some LL images

but a pretty tarot deck comes with it-no instructions as a reading deck, am replacimg the game deck with my Iniitiatary Tarot of the Golden Dawn and using its instructions with the game deck.

RunningWild

I really need to stop letting you all enable me. Now I have to have this, too.

I don't know that it's Ludy Lesot-esque, but the Ace of Cups is the same from the that deck. I just checked out the images available on the LoS website and from the view of one person holding the cards on boardgamegeek the cards appear quite small.

rwcarter

Did anyone get and use this in the end?

I was reminded because I just fell across the LS Fairy Land game which looks as if it has cards from a few decks.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/127275/fairy-land

A friend bought the Arcanum game and I gave it a test run. It's a strategy game that requires numbered cards to play. They don't have to be tarot cards though. The Majors have actions associated with them, but those actions aren't necessarily correlated with the archetype of the card. The Minor suits have a little more importance, but playing card suits could just as easily be used. It took some time to wrap my head around the rules of the game. Would I play it again? Maybe.