Arcanum - a boardgame using tarot

rwcarter

I really need to stop letting you all enable me. Now I have to have this, too.

I don't know that it's Ludy Lesot-esque, but the Ace of Cups is the same from the that deck. I just checked out the images available on the LoS website and from the view of one person holding the cards on boardgamegeek the cards appear quite small.

It's a mixture of Ludy Lescott and Contemplative (?) tarot. I think it's Ludy Minors and Contemplative Majors.

Shade

I was recently in a Game store in Berkeley and Lo Scarabeo had a game out based on the Fey Tarot as well. It had the Fey and at least one other deck mixed in.

RunningWild

It's a mixture of Ludy Lescott and Contemplative (?) tarot. I think it's Ludy Minors and Contemplative Majors.

Thanks Rodney. It will be interesting to see if that's the case and if I can get my hands on one.

rwcarter

Oh, and the cards are regular LoS size if I remember correctly.

gregory

I was recently in a Game store in Berkeley and Lo Scarabeo had a game out based on the Fey Tarot as well. It had the Fey and at least one other deck mixed in.
That sounds like the one Aerin saw ? going by images on the site she linked.

Aulruna

I am now the proud owner of the board games - we do a lot of gaming, so they won't be bought in vain!

The Arcanum deck is 90% Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn, just cards with nudity (e.g. Lovers, Star) are replaced with cards from Ludy Lescot, as well as some random others, for example the Aces. If used as a Tarot deck, I think there is a kind of break because Ludy is in these soft dark blue hues, whereas Initiatory is quite bright and crisp. Since there are few Ludys, I don't think it really matters though.

The deck is supposed to be "family friendly" ... in my book, nudity wouldn't be much of an issue, slightly gory cards like the Queen of Swords with the traditional severed head and the bloody sword more so, but they left her untouched! Ah, the dangers of a bare butt!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/initiatory-golden-dawn/

ETA: The Majors have green backs, whereas the Minors have red ones - good for a boardgame, bad for readings!

Aulruna

Fairy Land is a card game only (no board). It features many characters from the Fey, but there is nothing left of the Tarot structure. A lot of action cards are also included.