Clairaudience.....

Melisandre

Hi =) So I know this is probably going to sound nuts, and it's something that's been happening to me forever, but I've never thought anything of it until I read an article recently on clairaudience.

I might just be crazy. Or, this could be something that happens to most people (although anyone I've mentioned it to thinks I'm nuts). This only happens when it's quiet, and when I'm not concentrating on anything else. Meaning, it's quiet at work, but I'm not relaxed and my mind is focused. This happens when I am laying in bed in the morning (clearly awake), laying in bed at night (before falling asleep), or sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping.

Because of the association with sleep, I've always just thought of it as "oh, I was dreaming," which is a distinct possibility. But there's never any images to go with the sound, and it usually just sounds like people talking, having conversations...sometimes more than one conversation at a time. I usually can't make out what's being said, it just seems jumbled and like too many people talking at once. It's not physical, it's not like disembodied voices. It's in my head. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been happening off and on for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was normal, that I just needed to "shut my brain down so I can sleep." And I have to consciously do just that to get some peace and quiet. Sometimes it sounds like people talking to each other, having a conversation, or sometimes it's just a random sentence or word.

Two recent examples: Laying in bed at night, very much not asleep, a man's voice says something very distinct, which I can't remember now because I brushed it off. The other was when I was on a vacation in Gettysburg and heard someone say "hiiiii" in my ear as I was laying awake in bed in the morning. That I brushed off because I knew the place we stayed has a reputation for being haunted, so I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

Am I losing it, or is this something normal that all people experience?

TarotPourToujours

My Two Cents

I'm a Clairaudient, as well. What you talk about sounds similar to what I experience(d). Often, for me, the voices are inaudible... I can't tell what they're saying. It's mumbled as if I'm underwater. Occasionally I can make out a word but it's normally just a word like "Hello?" or my name. That's one way my Clairaudience works. The other is through random thoughts that aren't so random. :)

Another thing that used to happen a lot when my Clairaudience first started coming through that hasn't happened much since until just recently is the music. I hear such beautiful, classical music. I used to be able to tweak it to my desire (I'm unsure if I can anymore as I haven't tried it) such as by asking for more violins or piano. I used to hear what sounded like a lady singing scales but I only heard that a few times.

Something that used to occur to me when I used an alarm clock that would play the radio was that I would physically hear the song that was playing (sometimes that would wake me up) BEFORE the alarm went off. Other times before I wake up, I remember hearing the song while in my sleep. I'm not sure if that's Clairaudience or some form of Astral Projection/Out of Body Experience. Do you ever drive anywhere and suddenly get a thought about a song so you turn the radio on or change the channel just to find out that song that popped into your head is on? Freaks my friends out. :)

You'll notice it picks up more at night because your body is calming down and reaching the vibrations at which your Clairaudience best works to connect with your Spirit Guides and such. Do you ever catch yourself having a conversation with yourself while falling asleep? That happens to me at times. I'll be in the process of falling asleep as my mind wanders. I won't remember what's being said but I'm basically talking to myself through thoughts and suddenly I realize it and it jerks me awake. Sometimes I can remember the last bit that was said. Am I talking to myself? Not quite. It's my Clairaudience (I believe) kicking in and it allows me to communicate with my Spirit Guides. :)

I don't think it's something everyone experiences. However, it IS something everyone CAN experience if they open up to it. It sounds very much like Clairaudience to me. Using the Cards will only heighten it. :)

That's just my two cents, though. :)

Ethanescence

DELETED. MOD PLEASE REMOVE, THANK YOU.

214red

Your not mad!
It does sound like clairaudience, if this stops you sleeping or you wish to find out whats actually going on and being said, try meditating or simply sitting still. the reason your easiest to contact when your falling asleep is that your letting go of control, so therefore your more receptive, so if you provide another outlet when your conscious this will stop it happening when your going off to sleep

celticnoodle

also clairaudient here. no, you are not mad. often, I experience it in much the same way, as well as visions of people. (I'm also clairvoyant and see spirits). visions of people as well as hearing conversations and snippets of words, etc. come and go often for me.

like red mentioned, you should try meditation. It could very well help you and help you to develop the ability/abilities you have. If it is disrupting your sleep, just tell 'them' that you are sleepy and have no desire to be contacted at this time. It could help. I have to do this at times myself. also learning to ground yourself (and protect yourself) can help as well.

no, you are not 'mad'. :) it sounds very much like you are clairaudient. If you are interested in developing this ability, then you can start by searching here for some threads speaking of it, and also googling it. Reading books will also help you--if not to develop the ability, then at least to ease your mind by reading how others experiences are similar to yours and nothing to worry about.

Melisandre

It's very odd, I don't usually feel like anyone's trying to talk TO me, just that they're talking AROUND me. I don't get my name called or anything like that.

I would be inclined to think it's this hypnagogia as well, especially since I don't consider myself to have any type of extra abilities. But this looks like it refers to the act of falling asleep or waking up, which isn't what's going on. I may be in bed most times that it happens, but I'm very much awake.

I will absolutely try meditation. It's something I've been meaning to try for awhile, but I feel kind of intimidated by it for some reason. Maybe starting with guided meditation will ease me in.

Thank you so much for your help :)

Apollonia

Hi =) So I know this is probably going to sound nuts, and it's something that's been happening to me forever, but I've never thought anything of it until I read an article recently on clairaudience.

I might just be crazy. Or, this could be something that happens to most people (although anyone I've mentioned it to thinks I'm nuts). This only happens when it's quiet, and when I'm not concentrating on anything else. Meaning, it's quiet at work, but I'm not relaxed and my mind is focused. This happens when I am laying in bed in the morning (clearly awake), laying in bed at night (before falling asleep), or sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping.

Because of the association with sleep, I've always just thought of it as "oh, I was dreaming," which is a distinct possibility. But there's never any images to go with the sound, and it usually just sounds like people talking, having conversations...sometimes more than one conversation at a time. I usually can't make out what's being said, it just seems jumbled and like too many people talking at once. It's not physical, it's not like disembodied voices. It's in my head. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's been happening off and on for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was normal, that I just needed to "shut my brain down so I can sleep." And I have to consciously do just that to get some peace and quiet. Sometimes it sounds like people talking to each other, having a conversation, or sometimes it's just a random sentence or word.

Two recent examples: Laying in bed at night, very much not asleep, a man's voice says something very distinct, which I can't remember now because I brushed it off. The other was when I was on a vacation in Gettysburg and heard someone say "hiiiii" in my ear as I was laying awake in bed in the morning. That I brushed off because I knew the place we stayed has a reputation for being haunted, so I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

Am I losing it, or is this something normal that all people experience?

Funny, I was just thinking of starting a thread on this, because it has been happening to me so often lately.

I am highly clairaudient, that is my strongest ability. My guides talk to me all the time, but this is definitely different. It does seem random, almost as if I am tuning through the TV channels and stopping for just a moment on each one.

I never recall exactly what is said, but it is almost always just a couple of words, exactly like you would hear if you were passing multiple pairs of people on the street and hearing snatches of each conversation, such as, "and then you go up the hill," or "she's like that." And whereas the information from my guides is always pertinent to my situation and contains wisdom, these snippets are utterly meaningless to me.

This doesn't happen to me all the time, but in the last few days, it has been very evident. For me, though, it does not happen during any part of my sleep routine, it happens when I am sitting in my chair in my office, often while I am playing a computer game. I can't make it happen on cue. Like the ringing in my ears, if I paid much attention to it, it would be annoying, but I mostly just ignore it.

214red

It's very odd, I don't usually feel like anyone's trying to talk TO me, just that they're talking AROUND me. I don't get my name called or anything like that.

I would be inclined to think it's this hypnagogia as well, especially since I don't consider myself to have any type of extra abilities. But this looks like it refers to the act of falling asleep or waking up, which isn't what's going on. I may be in bed most times that it happens, but I'm very much awake.

I will absolutely try meditation. It's something I've been meaning to try for awhile, but I feel kind of intimidated by it for some reason. Maybe starting with guided meditation will ease me in.

Thank you so much for your help :)
to and at are the same thing really in this context, usually its chatter and thats how it starts as background noise, and so now its up to you if you want to develope it or not really.

i do think we all have all the abilities in differing levels, so everyone can be clairaudient if they chose to listen and develop.

meditation used to be hell for me, still is...the secret for me was realising that all i had to do was to sit and relax

214red

Funny, I was just thinking of starting a thread on this, because it has been happening to me so often lately.

I am highly clairaudient, that is my strongest ability. My guides talk to me all the time, but this is definitely different. It does seem random, almost as if I am tuning through the TV channels and stopping for just a moment on each one.

I never recall exactly what is said, but it is almost always just a couple of words, exactly like you would hear if you were passing multiple pairs of people on the street and hearing snatches of each conversation, such as, "and then you go up the hill," or "she's like that." And whereas the information from my guides is always pertinent to my situation and contains wisdom, these snippets are utterly meaningless to me.

This doesn't happen to me all the time, but in the last few days, it has been very evident. For me, though, it does not happen during any part of my sleep routine, it happens when I am sitting in my chair in my office, often while I am playing a computer game. I can't make it happen on cue. Like the ringing in my ears, if I paid much attention to it, it would be annoying, but I mostly just ignore it.

In my opinion and everyone is different, its usually because its spirits who are around you, your guides are tuned to you and closer to you, and therefore they will talk to you and be relevant as thats their job to guide you. random white noise from spirit is usually because your open and therefore your like a radar or an arial and picking up other chatter, if you really want it to go, then you can try shutting down more. i find it hard to concentrate when you hear chatter and your trying to work on a spreadsheet!!!

also speak to your guides you have the connection there so ask them about it, ask them to cut it down or help you develop it if you want to.

amethyst57

i've a former b-i-l that is schizophrenic...so i pretty much know the difference between that and clairaudience...
the difference is with clairaudience you have just ordinary conversation you're hearing whether it's to you or full spirit conversations...you don't have criticism and negative selftalk coming thru it like with the mental illness...

SO..no, you're not crazy....i hear spirit alot, gets pretty noisy around here, esp. around halloween or at nite...i also sense them pacing and walking around too...