Clairaudience.....

Melisandre

i've a former b-i-l that is schizophrenic...so i pretty much know the difference between that and clairaudience...
the difference is with clairaudience you have just ordinary conversation you're hearing whether it's to you or full spirit conversations...you don't have criticism and negative selftalk coming thru it like with the mental illness...

SO..no, you're not crazy....i hear spirit alot, gets pretty noisy around here, esp. around halloween or at nite...i also sense them pacing and walking around too...

No, definitely not anything negative... not even close. It feels like it's not even related to me (like the tuning into a radio channel at a random moment thing). I've been seeing auras for a few years now, but never thought much of that either. It's odd how it seems there's been a few things I'm tuned into that I never paid any attention to until I started using Tarot cards. Everything seems heightened.

Melisandre

Also, is meditation the only way we know of to develop clairaudience?

amethyst57

i don't meditate, they come to me when i'm quiet and centered..most of the time that is...there are spirits can't shut up or nag ya when yer busy or wanting to sleep...
don't be afraid to keep your mind open...still yourself...stay positive...try affirmations...talk to them as if they were still alive...ask them questions...
then journalize your experiences...writing stuff down helps clairaudience stay unblocked...

Melisandre

i don't meditate, they come to me when i'm quiet and centered..most of the time that is...there are spirits can't shut up or nag ya when yer busy or wanting to sleep...
don't be afraid to keep your mind open...still yourself...stay positive...try affirmations...talk to them as if they were still alive...ask them questions...
then journalize your experiences...writing stuff down helps clairaudience stay unblocked...

How would I know if what I'm hearing is a spirit in the sense of someone who has passed, or a spirit guide?

Apollonia

In my opinion and everyone is different, its usually because its spirits who are around you, your guides are tuned to you and closer to you, and therefore they will talk to you and be relevant as thats their job to guide you. random white noise from spirit is usually because your open and therefore your like a radar or an arial and picking up other chatter, if you really want it to go, then you can try shutting down more. i find it hard to concentrate when you hear chatter and your trying to work on a spreadsheet!!!

also speak to your guides you have the connection there so ask them about it, ask them to cut it down or help you develop it if you want to.

It doesn't really bother me, I was just wondering if anyone else who was clairaudient had this happen now and again. Being that I am a psychic and shamanic practitioner by trade, I work with my guides daily, and if it were a problem, I would most definitly tell my gatekeeper guide to put a cork in it!

I'm not looking for a solution, because it's not a problem for me. I just thought it was interesting to read someone else's experiences with the same thing.

amethyst57

How would I know if what I'm hearing is a spirit in the sense of someone who has passed, or a spirit guide?

spirits can be heard with yer ears, too...spirit guides are usually in yer mind....
at least in my experiences...

Melisandre

spirits can be heard with yer ears, too...spirit guides are usually in yer mind....
at least in my experiences...

That seems to make sense. The one time I heard something I thought was a spirit (when I was in that inn in Gettysburg), it seemed to be outside of my head. Most times it's inside my own ears.

peaceandkarma

Sometimes I hear my name being called when I'm alone laying in bed, but I hear anything else after.