Golden Tarot of Klimt - study group - the lovers

Minotauro

for a lot of people this is the best painting by klimt , and I can see why.

there is so much I could say about this painting alone... there is so much alredy written about it! ...

so I'll refrain myself a little bit XD haha I'll keept it straight to the point and simple.

... well , as much as I can anyway

first impressions; this painting has a lot of feeling , wich I assume is why so many people like it so much ,I tend to prefer paintings with great anatomy flowy lines and details ... but the passion in this painting cannot be denied , there are so many feelings here at the same time that I can see , for me , it is hope , probaby because I am forever alone , but this painting for me talks about that perfect moment of love , the long awaited reward , intimate , unique , that kiss many ( me included )hope for , and some lucky ones , remember.

*forever alone*

anyway , a few things to point out about the painting/card

their clothes;

first the male robes have a square pattern , while the female's clothes have what seems to be flowers or circles pattern , this is to me at least reminicent to the emperor/empress , both of them have crowns a flower crown and laurel wreath. male is about structure , society , the empress is about nature and chaos, this , the lovers is a little bit like that. the union of them both. I might be reading too much into it.

their poses the male is dominant as per ussual , tht could be linked to society trying to tame the wilderness , men trying to conquer the women , win her over , make her fall in love , really old fashioned courtship , the woman is turning her head , trying to resist ,the man wont let her , he holds her chin , he wont give up , and the woman despite her best efforts cannot hide the fact she feels pleasure , some people have even said she's in ... extacy , she's struggling , remain a free spirit , enjoy liberty or be bound by the chains of love

oem other things to is the fact they're standing at the edge of a cliff , and all the risks it brings , in the middle of hm... whatrever they might do , they could fall , but they ,unlike the fool, are aware of the dangers, they do not care , they have their minds in ... something much more urgent and important.

the history; now , this might just be a myth , but the models for this painting might have been klimt himself and his lover , wich , suposedly modeled for him many times , this person is emilie floge , now this wouldnt be far fetched for he loved him some readheads ;D

some people have noted , and .. wether I agree or not it is worth mentioning , the couple are suposedly ... shaped like a penis ._.

ANYWAY!

I'll just finish this quoting wikipedia ;
wikipedia said:
The Kiss is a discreet expression of Klimt’s emphasis on eroticism and the liberation therein. The Kiss falls in line with Klimt’s exploration of fulfillment and the redeeming, transformative power of love and art. The Kiss deviates from Klimt’s frequent portrayal of woman as the lascivious femme fatale.

some keywooooooords; love, choice , fulfillment , resistance , agrement , danger , caution , uncaution , push , pull , oposites equals , exstacy , give in , passion , nature , sex , choice.

velvetina

I love reading your insights into this gorgeous deck.