Instant Tarot flip book

Cerulean

On Amazon.com UK there is a spiral-bound flip-book of past-present-future with tarot meaning assignments all typed in three different segments. Adam Fronteras wrote the meanings.
It's a flip book, like a flip book for kids.

The kinda sad thing is the designs on the cover actually look rather pretty and might have had me buy if it had been offered at a low cost as gentle deck of reading cards.

Might be an interesting novelty. Due out in October 2003.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1843401037/aeclectictaro-21/

Kiama

*Kiama holds her head in her hands*

But what's wrong with a normal deck of Tarot cards?!?!?!

*Sigh*

Kiama

catlin

I think it is quite practical when you have only little space to do a reading eg on a plane, train, etc.

Kiama

But wouldn't a book like that be bigger to carry around with you than a deck of cards? I'm also presuming that each of the three sections has all 78 cards in it, so it must be a very thick book too...

I might actually consider getting it, so I can see what it's like and if it is any good.

Kiama

SherryZoned

I imagine it would take up more space...But it gives you teh option of not having your cards slip around. Fall on the ground etc. If you get the Kiama let us know how it is. It does look interesting.

Cerulean

Please report back...

if anyone does obtain it.

My questions--do you like the pictures? And being limited to past-present-future or any three card draw, would this be a funny or fun teaching tool at a presentation?

I was thinking that people could create their own three segment oracle out of spiral bound journals...and they could use up to three of their own chosen little paste on pictures or stickers for each 78 segment.

Maybe you can keep kids occupied for a few hours each day. They make their own 78 card oracle split into three...ohhh, Auntie Mari is sooo mean....

Mari

Cerulean

I saw it at Barnes and Noble

The Adam Fronteras book was not expensive, but the pages were so flimsy, like magazine pages that would wear out and bend so easily...I saw instead that the Tarot Directory by Annie Lionnet was about $10.00 and it had at least three card illustrations to each full two pages of meaning description. This looked like the flip book that I would like, with pretty colors and lots of text, so I bought that instead.