Shadowscapes - Six of Wands

triple_entendre

Victory, triumph, pride, prevailing and coming out on top, arrogance, self-importance

-- from Shadowscapes.com

A figure in a black toga supports himself on what looks like a spear, while he holds out a crown of laurel leaves. He's looking right at us, standing on a some kind of curled-up stone beast, and he has a pyramid shape on his forehead.

The muddy colors of this Six of Wands give me the impression of a Pyrrhic victory.

crazy raven

My eyes could be deceiving me, but the toga triple_entendre mentioned, looks a bit indigo to me. Another clue to this is the triangle on the man's head. Symbolically, the triangle, with point up, represents fire and masculine energy....its associated with vision, seeking, and planning...of aspirations rising up. This is also in the area of the third eye, the doorway to higher wisdom and intuition and 6th chakra.

Hands represent how we are handling our lives and our feelings about it....they also represent our ability to create and express ourselves. The gentleman in this picture extends his right hand and fingers with a vulnerably open right breast (masculine principle). This could represent the 'I' principle and the sense of self-worth/self-importance. In his extended right hand is a laurel wreath, a symbol of victory but the wreath also represents protection, peace and purification. His left hand holds a special wand, the feminine principle of guidance and intuition, of inner seeing, of clairvoyant abilities. It looks as if he is magnetically aligned with both earth and spirit.

Unlike other 6 of wands cards, this person is not accompanied by others, he stands alone. Energetically, he looks proud and self-assured of his recent accomplishments. Perhaps there are others below him, encouraging him on and congratulating him....but we don't actually see them.

The Sun is not shining brightly as in other 6 of wand cards, it is muted, again giving us a sense of balance. This card stongly reflects the fibonacci symbol which is intimately connected to the Golden Mean or Golden Ratio. This is about controlling our animal instincts. For if they weren't in balance, the animal's good nature below us could throw us off at any moment.

These videos help to describe the fibonacci and the golden mean/ratio.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7179950432887640376

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085KSyQVb-U&feature=related