Your Favourite Books And Why

shanebarry

I find a of people who review books on this forum dont always give a very informative description of why the book is good! and impossible decide if worth of a purchase from information giving or not!
so thought id start this little mini questionnaire of your favorite books.

Book Title And Author:

Overall Rating Out Of 10:

Pro's Of Book:

Con's Of Book:

Overall Why Do You Like This Book, And What Did It Teach you?

shanebarry

heres mine

Book Title And Author: Tarot Companion by tracy porter

Overall Rating Out Of 10: 8/10

Pro's Of Book: Only uses upright meanings which is a pro for me cause i dont use reversed cards! goes through tarot combinations, symbols, timing of the cards, and many spreads in a very easy to read format but yet very informative!

Con's Of Book: some of the meanings of the cards are very bare especially in the court cards,

Overall Why Do You Like This Book, And What Did It Teach you? Excellent book and often use it as reference when in need and thought me more about use of combinations in tarot and timing of the tarot as well! but sadly lets me down on interpretation of the court cards!

Le Fanu

I really don't have many favourite tarot books but I have always had a soft spot for Tarot Plain & Simple by Anthony Louis:

9 out of 10

Pros: a stream-of-conscious list of possible meanings which has a certain poetry about it. Makes you realise (depite these seemingly prescripted meanings) that in tarot, anything is possible. Gives lots of meanings for cards both upright & reversed and you can select as you see fit. After I have done a spread I always find it useful to consult and always find it worthwhile, even though I feel I know the cards quite well.

Cons: seems to be a beginner's book and may seem at first glance that it is telling you what to think, but I don't think it is. Another Con are the Robin Wood illustrations. It can be used with any deck.

Overall, I think the tone is friendly and approachable and the given meanings are dynamic and contemporary. I know that looooads of people would disagree...