astrology study group ~ virgo

Keslynn

I have Saturn in Virgo in (you guessed it!) my 8th house. lol I don't really understand Saturn but I'll give it a try. I think I experience a lot of limitations because I never feel like anything's fully done. I also like to do things myself because I don't feel like others can do it appropriately. Sometimes I can be oddly finicky.

I think my North Node is also in Virgo. So I guess I should pay more attention to what it's all about. Still, I never felt like I really understood Virgo very well. The ones I know mostly obsess over details to the exclusion of actually doing something. Not seeing the forest for the trees, and I don't really get that "I'll sit here and think about it" deal. Disclaimer: I'm not saying all Virgos are like this. Just my weird friends. ;)

Mercury is in Leo in the 8th. I express myself loudly and with panache but I have to be especially careful to let others speak rather than centering communication all on myself.

:) Kes

Elle

I am a Virgo thru and thru (check out Oceanpoetry's post on Mercury RX where this discussion began if you are interested - she was so wonderful; she looked up my chart positions), and I can tell you as a Virgo: they are picky, annoying, fastidious, analytical (sometimes to the extreme - they get a kick out of the most mind-numbing tasks - I was a bookkeeper most of my life - I just LOVED IT when the column totaled to the penny). This would bore most people to death. It made me feel completely at peace with the world!
Luckily, I have softened with the years. Maybe more of my Libra is finally revealing itself (I am a Virgo-Libra cusp).

Good Luck with the Virgo's in your World!!!! (They can help you get organized!)

Warmest,

Elle

isthmus nekoi

Elle, thanks for sharing. My goodness, this reminds me of my father whose chart ruler and Mars are in Virgo. A place for everything and everything in its place. It's like he feels better for it. However, w/Taurus rising, and leo stellium (both fixed signs) he lacks flexibility when it comes to his many systems of organization. He just flips out when he loses something!!

Kes, Saturn in anyone's chart I would take as a point to signify where you do not feel secure and where/what you have a desire to learn or even master.

oceanpoetry

isthmus writes those transiting planets will be setting them off like balls in a pinball machine - yes indeed! I have been preparing for a year with Jupiter transit through my 12th house, the house of the occult and sanctuaries, the house of the subconscious. Now I am ready to apply what I have learned. Jupiter transiting Virgo will move into conjunction with natal Jupiter in my 1st House. This transit encourages me to "go for it"! I have a book, called "Astrology for the Light Side of the Future" by Kim Rogers-Gallagher (which I highly recommend!) and she writes of this transit "In general, Life Is Good when Jupiter crosses the Ascendant, and we often find all the Great Big Dreams we dreamed over the past year (as he made his way through the woozy 12th house) coming true."

isthmus nekoi, you write your sister has an "empty Virgo" ....does she have planets in Pisces? It would be interesting to look at the aspects in her chart, because there may be something missing there, that is giving her some Virgo characteristics. do you want to post her birth data so you could get some additional input on this?

Elle, I know about that satisfaction with the details! I catch things that others often miss. I learn very quickly, absorbing information like a sponge. I love working with words and ideas. Something important to remember about Virgo, is that Virgo is ruled by Mercury, planet of communication. As an earth sign, we grounded in the world, we have a natural connection with the world, and find reward through service to others. (not servile, but knowing the value of our work and innate ability to help others).

Not surprised that you feel more connection with Libra, because your progressed Sun would move through Libra, so you do "pick up" additional traits as you grow older.

purplefishy

purplefishy, I would imagine Mars and Saturn in Virgo to aid you in decision making and taking action. A lot of water is generally condusive to passivity.

Hmm. You'd think so, right? Wrong. Sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) making choices for me is like pulling teeth. Slowly. Without painkillers. So, i'm still wondering what effect, if any, Virgo has on my chart here.

And since we are looking at Mercury and the 6th house:
Mercury in Pisces (5th house)
Venus in Aries in the 6th.

isthmus nekoi

Thanks for the feedback, purplefishy. Yes, Merc in Pisces doesn't exactly indicate snap decisions lol! Also, if Saturn is conjunct Mars, then that would also serve to temper Mars' tendency to take action. Even w/o a conjunction (depending on who is stronger), Saturn's deliberation and caution could override Mars' impulsiveness.

oceanpoetry

isthmus,
I am taking a look at your sister's chart and I think the Virgo-traits can be attributed to placement of aspects with Saturn. The first thing I noticed first was the Venus, Mercuy and Sun conjunct in Cancer in the 2nd. But this stellium makes an opposition to Jupiter and Neptune in Capricorn. Then we have the ruler of Capricorn trines Sun, Mercury and Venus. With the Capricorn / Saturn emphasized in her chart, I would expect that she is likes to do things thoroughly and carefully when she undertakes a task. She values tradition and hard work. With Cancer aspects, friends and family are very important to her, especially because Mercury, Sun and Venus all reside in the second house. The ruler of the sun is in the 11th house, which would encourage idealism and desire to work collectively with others.

The Mercury, Sun, and Venus all conjunct, how she communicates, what she loves, and who she is fundamentally are all the same. The rising sign's ruler (Mercury) is in Gemini, looks to me like she is more like a Cancer rising than Gemini, or would like to talk / think about
Cancer things - cooking, gardening, home.

The Moon in Aries trining Uranus in Sag, indicates somewhat a combustible personality, maybe some impatience or determination to accomplish goals. Also flashes of unexpected insight, come to mind about this aspect.

does that make some sense?

Moongold

Purplefishy and Virgo

Purplefishy,

Does the purple come from swimming around Aeclectic?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have your natal Sun in Pisces in the 4th House opposing Mars and Jupiter in Virgo in the 10th House? And you've also got Saturn in Virgo in the 11th House.

Although there would be issues about the polarities, with the Mars opposition you could be a fairly dynamic person professionally with an really good sense of when to go for opportunities.. Diplomacy might not be your strongest point but courage and tenacity would be pretty good qualities to offset that. I imagine you would be a tough negotiator and that if someone wanted to get things done they could come to you. You like action and adventure? That seems to come through.

The Jupiter – Mars opposition would give you a lot of optimism and the capacity to see the big picture. You’d be strongly motivated to have personal insight and to leaf others. People might even find you inspiring to be around. You’d have strong opinions and would need to watch that you didn’t get too rigid but if you were prepared to listen to others and get good advice you’d be OK.. You would have an interest in personal insight and this would balance any ‘hard-edge’ qualities you have.

Saturn in Virgo would make you a good organizer but you would have to relax a little I think and one of your challenges might be to delegate authority, to let others look after some of the detail.

This might seem a little at odds with the ‘inspiring leadership’ stuff but that might depend on how you learn the balancing act and what field you work in. You’d be a great leader in a field requiring attention to structure and detail I imagine.

With Saturn in the 11th House and Virgo, I imagine you would have been seen as a reliable, ideal friend by people of like disposition, but you might have had a few problems with others. With this sort of placement I imagine you were the kind of kid whose bedroom was always tidy? :laugh:. I could be wrong.

Pardon my jumping in – just some ideas. I hope I'm right with this because in your earlier posts you don't mention anything about the fact that Virgo intercepts your 10th and 11th Houses.

Moongold

Ah............lots of water!

Purplefishy

I just had a quick look at the rest of your chart and seen the Sun in Pisces AND the Moon in Cancer and the Ascendant in Scorpio.

Perhaps the Virgo energy would be a really good balance, and maybe you have not fully taken advantage of it yet. This might come in later life :)

Your North Node is in Leo, and this is ultimately what you'll be working towards.

According to Spiller Astrology for the Soul North Node people might need to work towards:

* Individuality
* Willingness to take centre stage
* Strengthening will power
* Self confidence
* Taking risks
* Enjoying life - having fun

...............and the list goes on.... but hey ..we've all got those lists and the rest of our lives.

I have Mars in Virgo as well, opposing my Moon :)

isthmus nekoi

oceanpoetry,

Thanks so much for looking at my sister's chart. You know, having known her so well, it is difficult for me to be objective about it!

Ah yes, Saturnian influence might be what's going on, rather than Virgo. Saturn too, deals w/details and order. She wasn't always so critical either. Perhaps it is a phase of Saturn conj natal sun...

And yes, she is very Cancerian. She loves fuzzy clothes and cherishing photographs and all that sort of thing. However, she is no Martha Stewart. The astro.com chart puts her at Taurus rising. She'd rather pay for good food and clothes than make it herself. And I'm the one who cooks for the two of us! Yes, me the Capricorn sun!! :)

And yeah, Aries moon - she's impatient and extremely critical of others. However, w/Saturn conj Mars, you wouldn't realize it b/c she keeps her anger under wraps. w/Mars/Saturn trine to Gemini Merc in 3rd, I find the anger often comes out in really cutting remarks.