Spider bite dream

samantha

This spider was jet black, with velvety type coat. In the dream I knew she was female as I could see that her abdomen was swollen with eggs. With great intent she bit me hard on the fleshy part of my palm, just below the thumb. Later I looked down at my hand and saw that that area was swelling with a green liquid .( The poison I guess ) . Still, the damage was relatively localised and I was otherwise ok.

I'm really interested to get to the bottom of this one. I've had other dreams where I have been bitten by animals ( and twice on the palm.) and the messages are usually very pertinent for me.

The fact that I underwent some damage (the swelling etc) makes me think that this is some kind of a warning for me. I got off relatively lightly .... But perhaps would not be so lucky next time ? Makes me wonder whether I am being careless or reckless in real life? And need a short sharp shock to reign me in ?

Otherwise I'm not sure. Has anyone else dreamt of something similar, and what did you make of it?

214red

I would break down the dream, what do spiders represent to you, she was female so its something either feminine or to do with your past.
Eggs are new start, creativity etc
Which palm did she bite? palms are also interesting, you hold things in your palm, they are open rather then a closed fist.
lots of symbolism there

Debra

Injured by a poisonous mother.

214red

Injured by a poisonous mother.
that sounds on the button!

also it looks like you were bitten in the mount of venus too, lots of female links

samantha

I would break down the dream, what do spiders represent to you, she was female so its something either feminine or to do with your past.
Eggs are new start, creativity etc
Which palm did she bite? palms are also interesting, you hold things in your palm, they are open rather then a closed fist.
lots of symbolism there

Ive never really thought much about spiders before. Unlike some of my friends who are terrified of them, I will catch and free them - so long as I can react quickly enough!
Just before you posted I was googling some info about them. Interestingly they are seen in dreams as a symbol of femininity, and this one was female with a capital F. As such they can represent a conflict with a dominating female prescence in your life ( mother, boss, wife etc)
Additionally, as animal totems, they: Maintain a balance between past and present ( since they understand how each influences the other.
: Help our understanding of what is illusion, and what reality.
: Aid in communication and the written word
: Connect the world of the here and now with the spiritual world.

And this " Dreaming of a poisonous spider signifies death and rebirth. As the poison of age and lives perils threaten our life, we use the venom to ward off future attacks or die."

I can relate to two of the animal totem messages. Recently I have been back tracking to the past and asking a series of "what ifs ...." . Perhaps then the spider bite is a wake up call (as in my first post ). The past has gone, no point in day dreaming.

Right, I thought about the significance of a palm, especially an open one , before (that time I was bitten by a bat !) Then I saw it as symbolising feeling vulnerable (to the real life situation) and a willingness to take the animals medicine/lesson.

Indigo Rose

The fact that I underwent some damage (the swelling etc) makes me think that this is some kind of a warning for me. I got off relatively lightly .... But perhaps would not be so lucky next time ? Makes me wonder whether I am being careless or reckless in real life? And need a short sharp shock to reign me in ?

The Dreamer's Dictionary suggests a warning to stay out of other's affairs.
If it was the left hand, this is also an added warning.
Female was made clear to you for a reason.
Consider the females you interact with carefully.
Her pregnant belly is ripeness, so perhaps there is *something* this woman
is about to bring forth and your interference would not be welcome.

Thanks for sharing your dream.
It is very interesting. :)

samantha

Forgot to say, it was the left palm .... Which may be a heads up to relating to the past. ( in the other dreams it was right, and those dreams definitely forward looking )

samantha

The Dreamer's Dictionary suggests a warning to stay out of other's affairs.
If it was the left hand, this is also an added warning.
Female was made clear to you for a reason.
Consider the females you interact with carefully.
Her pregnant belly is ripeness, so perhaps there is *something* this woman
is about to bring forth and your interference would not be welcome.

Thanks for sharing your dream.
It is very interesting. :)

Glad you liked it :)
I think the advice to stay out of someones affairs, if not life, very apt here! As you say, things may be coming to term for them and later they will soon have their own hands full anyway.