Spider bite dream

214red

Is this linked to love as well as the feminine?

it could be, only you know what your relationship is with your mother, but perhaps your relationship patterns are formed form your view of your mother, venus is in tarot the empress, so perhaps you didnt feel nutured when younger, also the empress is pregnant in the card too. is there jealousy issue too?

there are lots of symbols in your dream, and its always easier to break things down into pieces and see how they work.

samantha

perhaps your relationship patterns are formed form your view of your mother, venus is in tarot the empress, so perhaps you didnt feel nutured when younger.

The first part is very true as my mum raised me on her own. Like lots of kids in this situation I had to grow up fast and take on a responsible role early on .....I remember worrying about her happiness, and what I could do to improve things. I guess in that way the nurture wasn't a one way street as it can be with other children , though two parents is no panacea either !!
Thanks for your thoughts here. I'll think on the empress card for a bit .....

214red

The first part is very true as my mum raised me on her own. Like lots of kids in this situation I had to grow up fast and take on a responsible role early on .....I remember worrying about her happiness, and what I could do to improve things. I guess in that way the nurture wasn't a one way street as it can be with other children , though two parents is no panacea either !!
Thanks for your thoughts here. I'll think on the empress card for a bit .....
i know that feeling, sometimes we become the mother, and sometimes we feel our mothers happiness is dependant on us. good luck with it:)
spider is also about connection and communication, so perhaps the way you communicate could be better?

nyx77

Hello! I dont know all that much about dream interpretation but ive also had a lot of nightmares about spiders. I hate them lol. What i do know is that they do represent females usually females who u have some sort of relationship with and also that being bitten by spiders can mean an unhealthy/negative relationship with 'this' female. Basically id have to agree with previous replies , just thought id add my two cents :) many blessings, nyx

celticnoodle

I'm late to this too, but will add my thoughts. I agree with with Nyx in her thoughts, and reds. a spider is generally related to negative thoughts with a female, most likely a mother figure. To be bitten by a spider in your dream it would suggest a disagreement with said female.

the thumb is a symbol of power, so it could be that this female is someone who is not very happy with the power you hold in some capacity. the whole biting of you by this spider could indicate some jealousy on this other womans part.

or perhaps it is the opposite and this other woman is someone who is trying to dominate you - or make you do something that you are not quite comfortable with doing. The palm in this case could suggest she wants to have you 'eating out of the palm of her hand' type of thing. just a thought.

samantha

Hello! I dont know all that much about dream interpretation but ive also had a lot of nightmares about spiders. I hate them lol. What i do know is that they do represent females usually females who u have some sort of relationship with and also that being bitten by spiders can mean an unhealthy/negative relationship with 'this' female. Basically id have to agree with previous replies , just thought id add my two cents :) many blessings, nyx

Thanks for your thoughts. Having reflected on this some more I'm wondering if it might not relate to my mum after all. Right around the time of the dream she rang and said something that really irritated* me - tho' I didn't react, and didn't tell my husband ( the comment was about him.) I guess it's possible that this was preying (ha,ha) on my mind and the dream my way of processing it .

* The spiders poison !

samantha

I'm late to this too, but will add my thoughts. I agree with with Nyx in her thoughts, and reds. a spider is generally related to negative thoughts with a female, most likely a mother figure. To be bitten by a spider in your dream it would suggest a disagreement with said female.

the thumb is a symbol of power, so it could be that this female is someone who is not very happy with the power you hold in some capacity. the whole biting of you by this spider could indicate some jealousy on this other womans part.

or perhaps it is the opposite and this other woman is someone who is trying to dominate you - or make you do something that you are not quite comfortable with doing. The palm in this case could suggest she wants to have you 'eating out of the palm of her hand' type of thing. just a thought.

Thanks Celticnoodle, lots of interesting ideas here. You could all be right about the spider as mother ( see above post) .
I was thinking about what you said about the thumb and power. Both my mum and I have a very long upper thumb , what do they call it ? , phalanx ? Anyway, I remember a palmist telling me that this was a sign of being strong willed. No doubt this is one of the reasons we clash from time to time ! Maybe you are right that she is not so happy with this state of affairs .... Offspring should be malleable, right ?! ( Or eating out of the palm as you said ......)
Im also wandering if she feels ( because she's getting older and because I've been living in Asia for many years now ) that any control/influence she once had has all but slipt away ? I hadn't really though about this , so thanks for starting the chain reaction! (***BOOM***) :)

kritz21

some similar dream..

2 or 3 days ago i had similar dreams.. a bee stung in my left hand.. it hurts a lot and its burning inside.. when i try to pull put the venom from my hand, i can see some kind of blue spider web *the poison image* and its rooted inside my hand.. i can't find the meaning of this dream.. the pain.. my sweat.. everything becoming so real.. i'm sorry if my language are bad..

i want to make another threads.. but i thinks your dream and me are similar so i try to post it here..

best regard

kritz

Queen Hippolyta

This spider was jet black, with velvety type coat. In the dream I knew she was female as I could see that her abdomen was swollen with eggs. With great intent she bit me hard on the fleshy part of my palm, just below the thumb. Later I looked down at my hand and saw that that area was swelling with a green liquid .( The poison I guess ) . Still, the damage was relatively localised and I was otherwise ok.

I'm really interested to get to the bottom of this one. I've had other dreams where I have been bitten by animals ( and twice on the palm.) and the messages are usually very pertinent for me.

The fact that I underwent some damage (the swelling etc) makes me think that this is some kind of a warning for me. I got off relatively lightly .... But perhaps would not be so lucky next time ? Makes me wonder whether I am being careless or reckless in real life? And need a short sharp shock to reign me in ?

Otherwise I'm not sure. Has anyone else dreamt of something similar, and what did you make of it?

I have a friend who tells me that this type of spider in a dream, esp a black widow spider, represents a female relative on the other side trying to contact you. You did not see the red hour glass but you did say it was poisonous, and it was black so that kinda leads me to believe it is a black widow. I am unclear on what the biting means, but would say it is a female relative sending you a big message or really trying to get your attention.

wulzcat

I like all these interpretations, I just had a dream last night about a spider biting me... it was a small spider and was biting me repeatedly on the pad of my left index finger. I pulled it off (I think there was someone helping me but not sure who) and there were small red bites on my finger, and if I squeezed them, some ikky stuff came out that seemed as though it had very small creatures/larvae in it (sorry). Then the other person with me was pulling similar spiders out of my hair. It wasn't super scary, just a bit weird.

I'm not too sure what this means but am interested by the mother connections...