Fool + Strength as advice

Ilaris

I was doing a reading for myself in regards to my future new love, and on the possition of "what should I do (externally) so as to draw in a new love into my life" I got

Fool + Strength (VIII). Rider Waite, no reversals

The fool usually leads me to think about a trip, and the Strength could reinforce the corageous aspect of this trip I should take... (there's no journey in my plans... yet ;-) )

Another interpretation is that I should stay true to myself, behave the way I fell, don't try to fit in and be like everyone else, even when I feel like an alien.

But I think there may be something more literal here, don't you think? I guess I'm waiting for something like "go here and do this", but I know that doesn't usually happen with Tarot.... Any thoughts??

tarotcognito

What I got was "go take the world by storm and never let go of who you are."

The Air element of the Fool and the Fire of Strength have a positive effect on each other. These two cards work really well together.

My spin. :)

porcupines

Take a leap of faith in your relationships (Fool), you have the kind of inner strength to do this (Strength).

nisaba

But I think there may be something more literal here, don't you think? I guess I'm waiting for something like "go here and do this", but I know that doesn't usually happen with Tarot.... Any thoughts??

It does happen, surprisingly often. Whilst we're remembering cards and grasping for esoteric meanings, that card will suddenly bounce in, in all its literal glory.

So why not act like an idiot, and start going to the gym? <grin>

SunChariot

I was doing a reading for myself in regards to my future new love, and on the possition of "what should I do (externally) so as to draw in a new love into my life" I got

Fool + Strength (VIII). Rider Waite, no reversals

The fool usually leads me to think about a trip, and the Strength could reinforce the corageous aspect of this trip I should take... (there's no journey in my plans... yet ;-) )

Another interpretation is that I should stay true to myself, behave the way I fell, don't try to fit in and be like everyone else, even when I feel like an alien.

I hope this doen't come out the wrong way, and trust me I only mean it in the best way, but my thought was that you are trying to think out what the cards are meaning for you when you can only know by feeling it from inside you.

You need to be following your intuition to find the answers. When there are more than one meaning that you can see, you can't choose rationally. You need to stop trying to think it out, close yoru thoughts off and feel which it is. There can be many many meanings for any card,. You can only know which is the right and intended one by feeling that.

No one can tell you which you feel it is, it is a skill you can work on and practice though.

Either of the first two meanings you mentioned would be valid and correct ansswers if you felt inside they were what was being told to you. Neither would likely have been my meaning, but that makes no difference. The cards talk to each of us differently depending on the way they know we each use the cards.

No one else can tell you if your cards were trying to tell you something more literal. Only you can know that by feeling it inside. We can tell you if those cards would have likely meant something more literal if we had been the reader. But again the cards speak to each of us differently. I've heard people say many times on AT that their card talk to then in a sarcastic of joking way a lot. Mine never do that, for example. And you can see for AT how we all have such a variety of meanings for each card. The answers come to us in the we naturally think and according to our meanings we decide are our meanings.

So no one else can tell you what youractual message was from an actual reading. Only you can know it, and you can only know it from that place beyond thought. It can only be felt, not thought out,.

SunChariot

It does happen, surprisingly often. Whilst we're remembering cards and grasping for esoteric meanings, that card will suddenly bounce in, in all its literal glory.

I once asked sometning about how to relax and the card came up with the image of a woman in a bubble bath. I ran off and took a bubble bath and truly felt worlds better after. But I can honestly say that only happened to me once as a reader. But maybe it happens to others much more often.

Babs

starrystarrynight

Don't be afraid (Strength) to take a leap of faith (Fool.) In other words, perhaps, take a step out of your safety zone and open your mind a bit wider.

Ilaris

What I got was "go take the world by storm and never let go of who you are."
The Air element of the Fool and the Fire of Strength have a positive effect on each other. These two cards work really well together.
My spin. :)

I too thought that these cards work well together.
Your interpretation is similar to one of mine. So what I read was not so far from what others saw ;-) Thanks, Lokasenna!

Take a leap of faith in your relationships (Fool), you have the kind of inner strength to do this (Strength).

Nice one!! Specially since at times I feel tired and fell like giving up, thinking that I will never find my man.

I've had literal interpretations too. And they are sooo funny!
One week ago I started going out running. If something romatic happens, be certain I`ll let you know!!

I hope this doen't come out the wrong way, and trust me I only mean it in the best way, but my thought was that you are trying to think out what the cards are meaning for you when you can only know by feeling it from inside you.

You need to be following your intuition to find the answers. When there are more than one meaning that you can see, you can't choose rationally. You need to stop trying to think it out, close yoru thoughts off and feel which it is. There can be many many meanings for any card,. You can only know which is the right and intended one by feeling that.
(...)
Thanks for your advice, SunChariot! You're right. I tend to intelectuallize everything, and that's why I don't give up on Tarot. I know it's a great tool for those of us who find it very hard to just turn off our brain for a few minutes :) My solar and ascendent zodiac signs are both air!!!! :-S

I trust my instincts when it comes to reading to others, but when reading for myself.... well, sometimes I can be to optimist or a real pesimist! That's why I ask for your help.

Don't be afraid (Strength) to take a leap of faith (Fool.) In other words, perhaps, take a step out of your safety zone and open your mind a bit wider.

Will do! Specially since it's very similar to porpupine's interpretation. I don't believe in coincidences. Thank you, startystarrinight!!

Frannie

I believe The Fool and Strength might be saying that what you can do is to be patient and enjoy the ride as love will show up when you least expect it, just keep faithful it will. I believe that the cards are saying it's more important the attitude you can have more than a specific action.