A pack of 'Wicked' cards?

tarotbear

Elsewhere in the forum is a discussion of 'A Wicked Pack of Cards' and since my life as an actor deals with words I said to myself "what about a pack of 'Wicked' cards" based on images from the musical 'Wicked.'

Granted, it's the Wizard of Oz revamped {I don't even know if there is a 'Wizard of Oz Tarot'} but it seems the producers of the musical should jump on the bandwagon with this one - does the world really need another Wicked T-Shirt or ball cap?

catti

I have a Wizard of Oz deck based on the illustrations from the Frank L Baum book a gazillion years ago.

I think a Wicked deck would look quite different and appeal to a different set, no?
It certainly could be done....just idly dreaming here...but it would be a nice way to put music and tarot together...you know, the Tower in minor keys, the Sun in major keys ....of course it would be more complicated than that...

and all for purchase on I tunes ;)

Shade

The lovely David Sexton (creator of the Winged Spirit Tarot) did The Tarot of Oz and it's a lot of fun: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oz/

It's based heavily on the extended Oz writings so you will meet characters from all of Baum's novels. As a big fan of the Wicked book series (I loved last year's conclusion in Out of Oz) I would love to see a deck based on the politically charged steampunk gloriousness. I've noticed that liking those books makes the Oz deck a little hard to use as Maguire's characterizations of the Wizard as a despot and Dorothy as a buffoon were so effective.

If there were to be a Wicked deck I'd love for it to be based a bit more on the book series rather than just the musical (can't have a Wicked deck without Liir).