EEK Cockroaches!!!

nicky

It must be spring as I am unable to contain the bubbling up of my need to create. I have long felt the cockroach has gotten a bad rap - this enduring insect (over 300 million years old! ) has even been used medicinally. In my path to find the divine in all things, my Spirit Guide has directed me to find the beauty in this lowly life form. I am excited to share this journey with everyone and hope you find the cards as well as the cockroach trivia enlightening.

I am looking for constructive feedback as well as thumbs up.

Here is my Ace of Cups.

crunch crunch
Nicky

Attachments

• Ace of Cups.jpg
    Ace of Cups.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 371

Zephyros

Are you making an insect Tarot, or just roaches?:)

Myself, I hate them, but I have to admit they have gotten a bad rep. Most of the world eats insects; they are healthy and full of proteins and vitamins, but only the West doesn't.

Anyway, it looks like an interesting take, are you going to do a full deck?

Babalon Jones

errm, you ARE joking, right?

Zephyros

Why? The scarab is one of Ancient Egypt's holiest symbols. The roach has been used in symbolism many times (I can't think of anything specific right now, but I'm sure there is something).

starlightexp

o..m..g... I almost lost my good cup of single estate Assam tea..lol (I hope that's the reaction I'm supposed to have.) I think it was the wings that did it.

I think that if you did do a whole deck that it would actually be a way of getting over the queazy feeling most people have about these things. Hmm other insects.. I like that idea as well.

vee

This is the best thing ever

Yora

This attracted me because i recently read something (spiritual article) that even cockroaches have something to teach. Then it said something about how they could survive allot of things ugh i can't explain it very well from my memory right now :p i'm going to do some attempts in finding it back. >.>

:D excited to see this cockroach tarot, hell yesh please!!! <3 And so cute too lol.

gregory

I think this is very promising. They do say that either the cockroach or the ant will in the end take over this planet, so why not give them their own decks ? :)

ETA concrit ? WELL - can you delineate the wing corners a little more clearly as they look slightly broken... Especially the one on the right. Did you do your own photpgraphy ? Have you enough individuals available to you not to have to use the same one too often ?

jbthehp

Size matters

The cockroaches I have seen were bigger.
I think you should adjust the size.
...just saying...
Otherwise it looks fine :)
Janet

Zephyros

Have you enough individuals available to you not to have to use the same one too often ?

Bleh, I'm trying to think of this as steriley as I can, otherwise I have to face the fact that it is a roach, and then I may stop liking it, and then you go off talking about "individuals" and "enough of them..."

As an aside though, the water lillies could be integrated a bit more into the picture, I think, but maybe it's just me. Maybe a filter of some sort, making it a fraction less sharp.