More about Crystal Balls

Adele

different perspectives...

everyone see what they want to see.

God bless

TemperanceAngel

Crystal balls are so fascinating and beautiful. I don't use mine for scrying, but have it placed in my study/tarot room:

1) For its beauty.

2) For the mystique and ambience it creates.

3) To promote a flowing energy.

Not necessarily in that order.

Like yourself, ShadowWolf, I felt the pull towards purchasing a crystal ball this year and did! I don't feel like I haven't used it anywhere to its' potential yet though.

XTAX

lark

My crystal ball is about 60mm. I use it for meditation and I don't read for others with it. Just my personal choice. How big are your crystal balls. I've been wanting to get an 80 of 100 mm. Any advantages to having a bigger one over smaller? Also are yours clear crystal? I notice some are colored or made of different stone like Amethyst and Ametrine. I think I prefer my clear crystal but would like to hear your thoughts. Namaste

TemperanceAngel

Mine is clear and probably 100 x 100mm. I have the 'real' or cloudy quartz crystal balls way out of my price range....
I am really interested in getting a rose quartz one for the harmonious, peaceful, loving energy aspect.
Amethyst would very be great to work with spiritually/psychically and great for clearing negative energies.
Not to forget how beautiful they look....
XTAX whom is a crystal fiend

poivre

I have had a reading once & the man had a huge crystal ball& when I asked how he used it he told me not to look into it just to put my hand on it. He said it clears your mind when you have a reading done. So I heard my reading clearly, don't know because I had my hand covering the ball or what ??? Neat idea, to have clients place their hand on the crystal when doing a reading. A lot of people are interested in them. I have one but it's still in the box, I'm not sure what I want to do with it, but had to have one.LOL

Sulis

My husband bought me a rainbow obsidain sphere for Yule last year. I haven't used it for scrying but I do meditate with it. I've heard that some people use an obsidian and a clear quartz sphere, one in either hand for meditation. My obsidian has a sort of cloudy swirl of colours on it which is only visbile if you look very carefully. It's very beautiful and I'd love to scry with it but know nothing about scrying. It's about 3.5" across.

Love and light

Sulis xx

zorya

i have a very small natural clear quartz crystal that i use for scrying. i actually like it's natural inclusions; i think they help in a way.

i also have a larger green agate that i use for meditation, magic and healing, but i have never used it for scrying.

orbs are wonderful for energy work as they direct the energy equally in all directions. this is why just holding them in your hands is so effective.

Chronata

I too work with a very small quartz crystal ball... one that just "appeared" one day in my Husband's house, before we were married.

It has some great "clouds" inside, and I find it help more than the perfectly clear ones.

I also occasionally see things in my large glass prop ball...though i think it's because it has those big flaws in the surface after I droped it and it bounced on the concrete!

I actually do better scrying with bowls of water than balls.

I just realized as I write this that it has been a few months since I tried any scrying at all!
I really should dig out the stuff, and get back into it!

Majecot

I picked mine up a few years ago at and RF in WI. It is small and clear, only 5.25 " in diam. I keep it on a table by my bed, and some mornings I find on the floor.. I must be knocking it off when I hit the alarm.. It did get a tiny little divit in it from falling I guess, but on the opposite side it has a shadow of two circles almost looks like an iris.. kinda weird looking. been that way since right after I bought it.
And if I put it up to my eye and try to look inside of it ( I can see through it) I see a strange swirlling pattern. Do they all look like that?
I don't know anything about scrying either, but someone told me you have to put them on your third eye ( I am not really sure why) .