was wondering if anyone has read this book

Padma

I was just wondering if anyone has read any Ly de Angeles books on Tarot - and in particular the "Tarot, Theory and Practice".

While I have enjoyed parts of the book, especially some of her theories in regard to Tarot and metaphysics, still I find her interpretations of the meanings rather short, cut and dried, as well as lacking what feels like - chunks of information...her interps just seem strictly based on some past reading she did...and there are some (to me) very questionable interpretations of card combinations...

Anyways, I would enjoy hearing your opinions :)

jema

I never seen it before, but checked out the authors home page now:-D

'Tarot Theory & Practice may be the most amazing Tarot book of this decade—and the next one, too! It's certainly the one that will be talked about more than any other book on the Tarot.'

From the site it looks like a mix between the basic 101 tarot card meanings and then leaping off with quantum physics. I don't know what to make of it all. Is her Tree of Life associations different then the standard Golden Dawn?

Padma

never mind!

ok, so all you need to do - if you are following this thread - is go check out the link rwcarter provided - it pretty much says all that had to be said... :)