Anybody know about this?

obsidian_queen

HI guys
It has been a while since I've posted a message. The last time I was on, I was 8 months pregnant and going through a really rough patch with my ex, and I thank all of you who remember me, for your help and advice with my tarot readings and wonderful encouragement. I now have a 6 month old son, who is the light of my life. Okay enough about me, I have a question for anyone who knows, what does it mean when you sense another person's energy around them? For instance I had a reading done of my aura and the person told me she picked up two energies around me; that of my ex and another person. Does this mean these people are thinking of me or vice versa? Or are they about to come into my life? A clear explanation of this would be really appreciated.

zorya

welcome back obsidian queen and congratulations on the birth of your son! :)

energies of others can be detected, but usually it is someone watching over a person, such as a relative who has crossed over.

assuming that it is your ex. and looking at this from a shamanic perspective, it is possible for others to 'hold onto' a part of you. this could show up as their energy around you. did she say anything about how this energy was affecting yours?

obsidian_queen

well, the thing about it is I do still have feelings for my ex and we've been in contact and he says he feels the same. The reader didn't say anything about how it affects my energy..could it be that she worded whatever she sensed wrongly? Or is the fact that my ex still has feelings for me what you mean by another person holding on to one's energy?

zorya

this is very difficult over the internet, there are many possibilities and variables. we don't even know if what she saw really was your ex's energy. so, please take all of this with a grain of salt.

some people can 'visit' another person. the most common example would be astral travel.

sometimes someone can just 'connect' with another. i'm not sure that everyone who does this is even aware they are doing it. if both parties are agreeable to either the above, then i see no problem.

there is also holding onto a person that is more of a control thing. that is not to say that the person holding on is even aware they are doing it; people rarely are. just as one person being about possession and control of another is not really good for your health, 'psychic' possession or control isn't either. usually this manifests in feeling unwell, or having a serious lack of energy.

i think if the reader saw that this energy was harming yours, she would have said so and told you what area/chakra, was being affected.

obsidian_queen

thanks for your insight. I'm starting to wonder if she expressed herself correctly when saying that she was picking up on someone's energy around me. I'm not psychic, so I don't know what it looks or feels like when you sense someone's ex coming back into the picture but that is the impression she gave, as though he were soon to be in my life again..which would NOT be good--' picking up on someone around me' is the term she used. Hec, maybe i'm just over analyzing lol.

zorya

sensing that someone is going to enter into your life again, and seeing someone's energy around your aura, would seem to be very different things to me.

i had not thought of it as a precognition as i have never had precognitions happen to me in that way, but maybe your aura reader does, or perhaps she had a precognition while she was reading your aura.

can you call her up and ask?

obsidian_queen

i'll try to ask her what she meant..although now I'm a little confused..maybe you're right and the 'energy' she was sensing had to do with a vision she had while reading my aura. That would make more sense to me, if that were possible. Seeing as I don't know much about auras and such, I automatically took her word for it. Could be too that she doesn't know what she's talking about, in which case I'm not too mad because this reading was free *chuckle*

HudsonGray

On the practical side, ask her how this energy is affecting you or going to affect you. It might be nothing at all, just residual energy of years of being together, which haven't drained away or been overlaid with other energies.

It might be someone thinking of you (sending thoughts of love or just intense thoughts), which won't really affect your present life & actions.

It might be a lot of things, but basically, if you had no clue prior to her telling you this, what difference would it have made in your life? Her saying something started this whole chain of thoughts & worries with you, it seems. Is it necessary to worry? Has she seen 'another' or is this really new energy from you now that you're standing on your own two feet? It's really pretty much up in the air, actually.

obsidian_queen

you raised some pretty salient points there, and actually gave me a lot to think about when getting a reading. The next time I have one done and someone tells me anything like that I'll be sure to have lots of questions instead of politely accepting what they have to say. Thanks!