Luis royo dark tarot.

Minotauro

so, Im a little bit confused , this is diferent from the black tarot by him , right?
here is an image of the box , I dont have wither one of them , but the backs look diferent , as do the borders , maybe thats the only diference?

Im just confused because whenever I search for a review of the dark tarot the black tarot comes up haha

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6ISPTzUxCmQ/T3f2IYl9AZI/AAAAAAAAChY/8t_fhrvCKY8/s1600/Royo+dark+Tarot.jpg

and this site says its the " part 2 " of the black tarot haha
http://www.tiendanostradamus.com/tarots-de-fantasia/618-dark-tarot-luis-royo.html

here's a biggr pic of the box http://www.stellum.org/?p=1219

Metafizzypop

I just stumbled across this deck the other day on the Alida site. They show more samples of the cards (but they're very small).

I really like the style of Luis Royo's art. Trouble is, I don't much care for the style of the women in his art. I would like his tarot decks much better if the women wore more clothing. The wardrobe issue is the one thing that prevents me from buying this deck (and most of his others, for that matter).

Not that there aren't enough other tarot decks out there for me to spend my money on. :)

astronautica

I did a quick search for Luis Royo on Fishpond and it looks like the box image for the Dark Tarot comes from a book called Dark Labyrinth. There's some teeny tiny pics here on fishpond, and the deck doesn't seem too expensive (and free shipping!) :)

RiccardoLS

The Black Tarot went out of print, and was not renewed by Fournier.
We explored the possibility of a co-edition, but Fournier was not overly interested.
After Fournier clearance, LS negotiated directly with mr. Royo agent.

Instead of reprinting the Black Tarot as it was (as in many ways it was considered below LS standards), the deck was changed and expanded. Cards are larger, scans are better, and all the 78 cards are now illustrated (the Black Tarot had only Majors and Courts). A few changes and adjustment have also been done.

Riccardo

Minotauro

We explored the possibility of a co-edition, but Fournier was not overly interested.

Instead of reprinting the Black Tarot as it was (as in many ways it was considered below LS standards), the deck was changed and expanded. Cards are larger, scans are better, and all the 78 cards are now illustrated (the Black Tarot had only Majors and Courts). A few changes and adjustment have also been done.

Riccardo

AHA!
I knew it , I knew I had read ages ago about this being similar to the black tarot maybe loscarabeo fb page , I didnt even check who made it haha =P

and I have to say you did a good job.
I think about 70% of my decks are lo scarabeo due to the art quality and styles , and that includes the scans.

I remember the black tarot looking kind of foggy or not well defined

this was a tease of deck right?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....157329690956666.29157.156391951050440&type=3

Red_Ocean

Riccardo

Will the same be done with The Favole Tarot? I do hope so...!

rwcarter

As always Riccardo, you're the master of understatement. ;) My deck came today and when I looked through it at first it seemed like a completely new and different deck to me from the Black Tarot. With the decks side by side, the following cards have different imagery from the Black Tarot:
  • Fool
  • Magician
  • Emperor
  • Hierophant
  • Wheel
  • Temperance
  • Moon
  • Sun
  • Judgement
  • Queen Chalices
  • King Chalices

So only 11 cards are completely different. The LoS version is definitely lighter in the sense of shadow and darkness. I do like the larger images. There are multilingual titles on the cards in addition to suit symbols. There are two languages in the upper right and lower left corners with the suit symbol and rank in the opposite corners. The LWB is pretty much the same as the Black Tarot's LWB including the two spreads. (Although the positions in the 5 card spread have been changed.)

All in all I think the Dark Tarot is superior to the Black (but then I'm not much of a pip deck person), although I think I prefer a couple of the original images to their changed versions.

Rodney

Minotauro

As always Riccardo, you're the master of understatement. ;) My deck came today and when I looked through it at first it seemed like a completely new and different deck to me from the Black Tarot. With the decks side by side, the following cards have different imagery from the Black Tarot:
  • Fool
  • Magician
  • Emperor
  • Hierophant
  • Wheel
  • Temperance
  • Moon
  • Sun
  • Judgement
  • Queen Chalices
  • King Chalices

So only 11 cards are completely different. The LoS version is definitely lighter in the sense of shadow and darkness. I do like the larger images. There are multilingual titles on the cards in addition to suit symbols. There are two languages in the upper right and lower left corners with the suit symbol and rank in the opposite corners. The LWB is pretty much the same as the Black Tarot's LWB including the two spreads. (Although the positions in the 5 card spread have been changed.)

All in all I think the Dark Tarot is superior to the Black (but then I'm not much of a pip deck person), although I think I prefer a couple of the original images to their changed versions.

Rodney

wow , now I kinda want to have both , I wont of course because Im poor , but still XD haha

rwcarter

11 images and all the numerals (that were pips in the Black).
True. I was just focused on the other cards as you'd already stated that all the pips (2-9) were different now because they have scenes on them. :)