Any tips for using my new pendulum?

Tarot by G

They just arrived and I am wondering if you have any tips for me?

DownwardSpiral

Wow no one responded?

Just the usual ask it to show you yes...no...I don't know. If it refuses to move take that as it refuses to answer your question.

Some people like to cleanse and program their pendulums just like with crystals. Search for threads on pendulums here in crystals as well as the divination forum.

I've started tuning into my guides when using my pendulum and I've noticed my pendulum has this movement (before I start asking any questions) that I have NEVER seen it do before......and I've had my pendulum for at least a few years now.

I guess the best tip would be just start using it......treat it like a friend. See how it works with you.

Hope this helps.

Tarot by G

I know felt like a bit of a loser lol

Thanks for that DS I will do just that:)
I bought quite a few not sure which to work with first..

Gia

You may find that one resonates with you more than others! I had 3, one was a gift and I use that for Readings outside my studio, the other is for my studio Readings, Chakra Balancing and Reiki work. The other I gave as a gift because it wasn't working for me!
Do spend time with it...carry it with you...bathe it in sun or moonlight...ask it to show you 'yes' and 'no'. Be patient! Be consistent! Enjoy it!

DownwardSpiral

Do spend time with it...carry it with you...bathe it in sun or moonlight...ask it to show you 'yes' and 'no'. Be patient! Be consistent! Enjoy it!

Yep sometimes I talk to mine : ) Tell it I want to ask some questions....tell it I'll be back later. And I tell it thank you.

Also if I'm asking questions and my pendulum keeps moving I tell it to be still (in between questions)

Maybe you could ask each one to show you yes/no and then go back and ask each one if it would like to work with you.

With questions you will find sometimes the pendulum will barely swing and other times it will swing a good couple inches back and forth. Maybe one will show you how eager it is to work with you.

N1ghts0ng

DS has given some great advice. sorry, i would have responded sooner but i just got back from a weekend retreat. My technique with pendulums is much like DS, i treat them as friends, i talk to them...sometimes i sleep with them tucked into my pillow. But definitely (if you have more than one) ask each one to show you a yes or no answer. I also ask for "maybe". You may find that different pendys have different movements for their answers, and some prefer to work on only specific topics.

Tarot by G

Thank you so much guys. :)

frac_ture

I just got my first pendulum, too, gilokez! I'm jumping into runes, scrying, and the pendulum all at the same time...

I've found some contradictory advice in surfing for useful tips online. For instance, some people say to ask the pendulum to show you what its yes and no responses will be, while others say you have to program it to adhere to the yes and no responses you yourself determine for it. I have no idea what way is "The Right Way," so since I like the first option a lot better, I just asked mine to show me its own yes and no responses...

Which led me to another "Which way is the 'right' way?" question: which hand do you use??! I started with my non-dominant hand, thinking I'd be less able to influence the outcomes that way...but the pendulum kept responding with the exact same response-motion no matter what I asked it. Then I switched it to my dominant hand, and it gave me a clear response for what its yes answer will look like, a different yet equally clear response to illustrate its no answer, and then it answered a few follow-up verifying questions with total consistency...so I'll be using it in my dominant hand! I do still wonder how other people roll out on this issue, but ultimately, given the way this pendulum responded to me, I think I at least have my own answer for using it.

Maybe the best advice is to read up and solicit opinions, but then really experiment a bit to see what resonates and works best for you as an individual with each specific pendulum?

Good luck with yours -- I'm already enjoying using mine!

canid

Yes, look around here for info on how to use a pendulum, google it, there are also videos on youtube. Here's something I found a long time ago on google, a pendulum board, that you can use. I've made a lot of my own pendulums for myself or gifts, but it's not something I do on a regular basis. Dunno why.

Attachments

• pendulumboard.jpg
    pendulumboard.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 136

tarotbear

DAMN, canid! That is SOME board! :bugeyed: