Any tips for using my new pendulum?

DownwardSpiral

I just got my first pendulum, too, gilokez! I'm jumping into runes, scrying, and the pendulum all at the same time...

Which led me to another "Which way is the 'right' way?" question: which hand do you use??! I started with my non-dominant hand, thinking I'd be less able to influence the outcomes that way...but the pendulum kept responding with the exact same response-motion no matter what I asked it. Then I switched it to my dominant hand, and it gave me a clear response for what its yes answer will look like, a different yet equally clear response to illustrate its no answer, and then it answered a few follow-up verifying questions with total consistency...so I'll be using it in my dominant hand! I do still wonder how other people roll out on this issue, but ultimately, given the way this pendulum responded to me, I think I at least have my own answer for using it.

See what happens when you hang out at AT : )

I use my dominant hand. I've never thought about using my other hand as I think it would be harder to hold the pendulum still. If I'm afraid I'll influence the answer ....I'll repeat in my head "tell me the truth" so I'm not focusing on what I want the answer to be.

As far as what you've read........I think either way would work. I just tell mine to show me. There is a thread probably now buried here where the guy would swing his pendulum in a circle and ask it a question. I tried it just to see....my pendulum would circle and then go to the yes/no movement it normally gives me.

LaurelBelle

Yes, look around here for info on how to use a pendulum, google it, there are also videos on youtube. Here's something I found a long time ago on google, a pendulum board, that you can use. I've made a lot of my own pendulums for myself or gifts, but it's not something I do on a regular basis. Dunno why.

That looks cool, but how do you use it? The answers on one side of the board don't match up with the other, so if it swings how can you tell the answer? I suppose the lead for the swing might be able to show it, but mine always starts off so small that I might not be able to tell what the lead swing was. It looks like once the swing is going, the intensity would tell you which word it's on, is this right?

frac_ture

See what happens when you hang out at AT : )

I use my dominant hand. I've never thought about using my other hand as I think it would be harder to hold the pendulum still. If I'm afraid I'll influence the answer ....I'll repeat in my head "tell me the truth" so I'm not focusing on what I want the answer to be.

As far as what you've read........I think either way would work. I just tell mine to show me. There is a thread probably now buried here where the guy would swing his pendulum in a circle and ask it a question. I tried it just to see....my pendulum would circle and then go to the yes/no movement it normally gives me.

I'm sorry, DownwardSpiral, I only just saw your response here! Thanks for your input on my questions. I really like your technique of inwardly chanting "Tell me the truth" as a means of defusing possible unintentional tampering with results -- I feel I need to adopt that method! Thanks very much!

louiseb

wow candid i was thinking of getting into the pendy,s after seeing this board it looks awsome by the way but soooo complicated, is there an easier way to use the pend,ys without the board,

DownwardSpiral

I'm sorry, DownwardSpiral, I only just saw your response here! Thanks for your input on my questions. I really like your technique of inwardly chanting "Tell me the truth" as a means of defusing possible unintentional tampering with results -- I feel I need to adopt that method! Thanks very much!

Your welcome. LOL I forgot I'd even responded to this. I got the idea of "tell me the truth" from reading about pendulums but can't remember where to give proper credit. Really you could repeat any phrase your comfortable with.

Just to show how much we can influence a pendulum try this......ask your pendulum to make SMALL circles....then ask it to make BIG circles.

Ok I just tried something...I asked my pendulum a question I KNOW the answer is yes...but repeated out loud no...over and over. The first time I asked I started to get a no and it quickly changed to I don't know. I asked the question again and my pendulum started to give me an I don't know and then changed to yes. Maybe it knows I"m messing with it. Still interesting.

DownwardSpiral

wow candid i was thinking of getting into the pendy,s after seeing this board it looks awsome by the way but soooo complicated, is there an easier way to use the pend,ys without the board,

You don't need a board to ask yes/no questions.

Padma

Yes, look around here for info on how to use a pendulum, google it, there are also videos on youtube. Here's something I found a long time ago on google, a pendulum board, that you can use. I've made a lot of my own pendulums for myself or gifts, but it's not something I do on a regular basis. Dunno why.

I echo tarotbear. Le WOW! :) you should make these to sell! Good job, Canid!

Tarot by G

It really feels like I am moving it :( is that normal? Maybe the pendulum is not for me gah!!!!

queen_of_wands

Just grab it by the very, very top and let it hang from your forefinger and thumb and see if that works. I just got my first pendulum also and that is how it is working for me.

Also, I make sure I am talking to someone I want to through the pendulum.

I also wanted to share with you that I bought a book when I found mine entitled "The Pendulum Charts, Volume 1." By Dale Olsen. It's pretty sweet.

I also wanted to add that at first, my pendulum was just swinging a little but as I got used to it (mine is a bracelet also) and hung around with it, it was cearer and easier to use. (just got mine Saturday). And also holding it like I mentioned above helped me know I wasn't using it. I just held it with my pointer and thumb on my dominant hand and let it do it's thing. I immediately started treating it as if it were a friend and call upon my guides to use it. The first one who was swinging it was a dead spirit and so I sent it to the 'other side' and started asking for guides. I found it to be like a spirit board in that respect, so just ask for someone specific.

I started with show me yes and no. Then have had great success with the alphabet chart this morning. At first I'd ask it is my name... just to see if it was accurate, this worked at first, then it started to be stubborn and just hold still. I kept asking and it would reluctantly barely move in the correct direction, like it caught on, or acted like I was wasting it's time. I was doing this before I asked questions I wanted to know the answer to just to make sure it was being truthful with me.

Hope this helped. Maybe we could start a pendulum thread exchange to help us pendulum newbies get used to using our tool.

QOW

Padma

Just grab it by the very, very top and let it hang from your forefinger and thumb and see if that works. I just got my first pendulum also and that is how it is working for me.

Also, I make sure I am talking to someone I want to through the pendulum.

I also wanted to share with you that I bought a book when I found mine entitled "The Pendulum Charts, Volume 1." By Dale Olsen. It's pretty sweet.

I also wanted to add that at first, my pendulum was just swinging a little but as I got used to it (mine is a bracelet also) and hung around with it, it was cearer and easier to use. (just got mine Saturday). And also holding it like I mentioned above helped me know I wasn't using it. I just held it with my pointer and thumb on my dominant hand and let it do it's thing. I immediately started treating it as if it were a friend and call upon my guides to use it. The first one who was swinging it was a dead spirit and so I sent it to the 'other side' and started asking for guides. I found it to be like a spirit board in that respect, so just ask for someone specific.

I started with show me yes and no. Then have had great success with the alphabet chart this morning. At first I'd ask it is my name... just to see if it was accurate, this worked at first, then it started to be stubborn and just hold still. I kept asking and it would reluctantly barely move in the correct direction, like it caught on, or acted like I was wasting it's time. I was doing this before I asked questions I wanted to know the answer to just to make sure it was being truthful with me.

Hope this helped. Maybe we could start a pendulum thread exchange to help us pendulum newbies get used to using our tool.

QOW

what I am not understanding is why it should be "lying" or "telling me the thruth" - I mean, I never for one instant supposed my Tarot or Oracle cards were lying to me, why would my pendulum be prone to lying...? That we might be lying to ourselves, sure, but...

My niece has successfully used her pendulum and says the same as QoW...mine does not work as well as I would wish, her suggestion was to go find another that resonated better with me...but really, why would it lie?

(QoW, of course that was all good advice and is the prescribed method of use. Please don't take what I said to be a comment on how you use the pendulum - :) I am SO not attacking what you said in any way! I just don't understand about the lying and truth...)