Signs & Wonders - Tarot Cards for Christians

Grizabella

I just found this book on Amazon and since I know there are quite a few members who feel conflicted with their Christian beliefs and using Tarot, I thought they might be interested in it. The reviews seem pretty positive, for the most part.

Yineth

It looks interesting :O And since I'm too lazy to wait on shipping and delivery, I may just purchase the Kindle version. Thanks Grizabella :)

Grizabella

You're welcome. Let us know what you think of the book.

Carla

Ooh, I'd like to read that!

Mabuse

Not impressed!

Sorry, but there's too much factual misinformation about the cards for me to recommend it. The concept of a Tarot book aimed at Christians is not a bad one but the author recycles the usual myths about Kabbala and Egypt etc.

It's written by the Church of Yahweh based in Tennessee and here's a sample of what in the book so you can judge for yourself.
http://www.yhwh.com/tarot/TarotInt.htm

Carla

Sorry, but there's too much factual misinformation about the cards for me to recommend it. The concept of a Tarot book aimed at Christians is not a bad one but the author recycles the usual myths about Kabbala and Egypt etc.

It's written by the Church of Yahweh based in Tennessee and here's a sample of what in the book so you can judge for yourself.
http://www.yhwh.com/tarot/TarotInt.htm

Oh. Thanks for posting that. I've seen all I need to see.

Grizabella

So this came from the book, Mabuse? Or is it just part of their church website? I didn't explore the whole thing because I didn't have time to do that, but that one page seems to be just something from their church website unless the book title I posted is an e-book.

Yineth

So this came from the book, Mabuse? Or is it just part of their church website? I didn't explore the whole thing because I didn't have time to do that, but that one page seems to be just something from their church website unless the book title I posted is an e-book.

The sample posted is from the book. It's very much word-for-word from the Amazon.com preview.

[I haven't purchased the book yet, but now I really feel uncertain about it...]

bogiesan

I just found this book on Amazon and since I know there are quite a few members who feel conflicted with their Christian beliefs and using Tarot, I thought they might be interested in it. The reviews seem pretty positive, for the most part.

The blurb that is available as a preview suggests a different point of view and a possible expansion of the user base. From an economic position, the publishers and distributors of tarot stuff benefit. This four might end up with a new and oddly counterintuitive sub-forum.

Looking at the collection of tarot books that I have or have read, there are no definitive final words on much of what we believe or wish to believe, only unsubstantiated claims and declarations of faith in stuff that isn'T that far removed from any of the tenets of Judeo-Christian theologies and their chismatic variations.