Making a Lenormand out of your picture card tarots...

Cerulean

Some pretty tarots lack the bear or fox, but perhaps the Strength card might work for the mother bear...and depending, your Rider Waite five or seven of swords for the fox.

I actually think of Leonormanf as Aesop's Fables...short, pithy episodes with a small saying or moral. In fact I think I boight an old copy of this book to make a personal Lenormand sometime.

So what deck from tarot with what cards would work for your own Lenormand deck?

I have mini decks...the LS Manga dancing bear card...but Trevisan's mini Renaissance would also work...

Be back later...oh the LS Lenormand Tarot would be ideal...

emmsma

I like this! I'm in the process of creating a patchwork deck and have lots of loose cards at the moment. I'll give a look through and see if I can't come up with a Patchwork Lenormand while I'm at it.

Teheuti

Great idea - but it ain't easy.

I used my mini- Manga Tarot from LoS. It has some great images that fit the bill - including an actual bear and a scroll for Letter (have changed it to Book). I was able to see Fox in a tiger and Stork in a swan. But there are several images for which I have to substitute something much more irrelevant. Still, it makes a beautiful set.

Added: This has ended up being a very interesting exercise. I learned alot about my assumptions about the Lenormand cards by doing it - especially in having to make choices - for instance, about how important the maritime characteristics are to Anchor, etc.

Loved the Manga Tarot for this!

Teheuti

Have been playing with my new Manga Lenormand - love it and it seems to work pretty well. I cut little squares out of Post-It tags to label each card. Of course, I have to remember that the image is not always quite accurate - the ferry boat from the 6 of Swords is not quite the same as an ocean-going big ship, but somehow it makes me even more aware of those characteristics of Ship. the figure on the 2 of Wands is holding a heart in her hand! For Key I ended up with the World card as it has an eye in a circle on it - (opening and closing and seeing solutions!). I'm using the Wheel of Fortune for Clover.

If anyone else has the LoS Manga deck, I'd love to hear your choices.

Cerulean

I finally did a rough pick of 36 using an animal tarot

by picture and keywords using the Shapeshifter Tarot.

I believe the first card, the Man on Horseback /Rider is easier to start as the Knights on horses in tarot are usually clearest to picture as good news to me.

Really trying to expand my use of tarot/cartomancy, will refine my card picks.

Glass Owl

I wonder if an animal deck like the The Animal Wisdom Tarot or the Animism Tarot would be good decks for a project like this. I especially love the Fox depicted in the Animism. I think I have the Shapeshifter around here somewhere so I will have to take a look at that one too.

Melia

I've used my Tea Leaf Fortune Cards to pull out cards for a lenormand reading:

1. Carriage, horse or bird flying
2. Four leaf clover, or horseshoe
3. Boat
4. Broom (a picture of a broom in front of a house)
5. Tree
6. Clouds
7. Apple (a picture of a snake in an apple tree)
8. Casket
9. Bouquet
10. Scissors or axe (for scythe)
11. Staff or club (for whip)
12. Bird perched, bird flying or owl
13. Crib (child in crib) or younger woman (looks like a young girl) for child
14. Fox
15. Bear
16. Star
17. Stork
18. Dog
19. Tower
20. Valley, forest or hills card for garden
21. Mountain
22. V (which vaguely resembles 2 paths)
23. Mice
24. Heart
25. Ring
26. Vine (for book)
27. Quill or desk (for letter)
28. For gentleman any of these: man, younger man, older man, dark man, fair man
29. For woman any of these: younger woman, older woman, dark woman, fair woman
30. Lily
31. Sun or sunrise
32. Moon
33. Key
34. Goldfish
35. Chain - picture of large chain imposed over map of the world (for anchor)
36. Wreath (for cross)

If you want to expand on the lenormand reading, you can also throw in any of the extra, remaining cards into the mix, using different methods:

1. Choose a few specific cards that may be pertinent to any issues you want covered in the reading (e.g. ladder – for climbing towards success; haystack – karma, you will reap what you sow, broken ring [for broken contract, divorce etc.], bridge, flag card [for red flag] etc. etc.) and increase the spread positions to say 40 or 42 cards in the grand tableau.

or

2. Choose 36 (or 72 extra) cards - shuffle these separately from the lenormand cards and lay them out in house sequence (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) so that you end up with one card (or 2) PLACED BEHIND each lenormand card. .... or you could randomly place the extra cards in any house position until all the houses are filled.

or

3. Shuffle the 36 lenormand cards and lay out the grand tableau spread. Shuffle the rest of the Tea Leaf deck and randomly choose cards to fill out the 36 card positions.

La Force

Fairy tales by lisa hunt, Wildwood Tarot, and The Well Worn Path + Hidden path can be used to make a lenormand deck.