Moon & Child = naive?

BrightEye

I've come across the meaning for the combination of Moon and Child as 'being naive'. Would others support that?

I personally tend to see the Moon as deep feeling or romance and the Child as new beginning or an actual child. So Moon - Child = desire for a new romantic beginning (possibly also involving the desire to produce a real child). Is that really far off the mark?

214red

i could see it as all of the above, and a childish romantic fantasy, perhaps an idealised romantic fantasy is a better way to put it. i could see it a bit like the page of cups.
ultimately its how you feel about it though, it sounds like you dont agree witht he naive bit, so discard it

andybc

Traditionally, the Child is a child, new, innocent, youthful, little.

So it could be some who is just short, or youthfuly looking/younger than you. Thr Child is rather innocent so it could be naïve.

Cards that touch a person card, describe it. So both Moon + Child could be what you sa in a situan,, but 28/29 + Child would be specific to an individual. Not always though, book combinations are examples not answers :) context and supporting cards are needed.

BrightEye

So Moon Child = emotional young person?

What about the child as new beginning? Is that not traditional? (Am I asking silly questions?)

andybc

So Moon Child = emotional young person?

What about the child as new beginning? Is that not traditional? (Am I asking silly questions?)

Yes. The Child is a child, new, innocent, youthful, little. It's mostly a good card, but around the Fish/Bear it does tend to having only a little money rather than receiving a little money.

Ronia

Or simply pregnancy. And it plays like that quite often, actually. We had it on the GT thread relatively soon. :) Or an emotional and hypersensitive child, that's quite often playing in reality too. It depends, as usual, what the surrounding cards tell us about the querent.

alyna

It was sensitivity, only heightened since child is sensitive and emotionally naive and moon is also sensitivity and feelings, therefore, for me its increased sensitivity, child-like sentiments, being fascinated by something that's not actually there