So I have this dream about a mass execution...

Noblelement

The other night, I had a very odd dream.

There was to be a massive execution of a certain number of people. My entire family, myself, and a crowd of terrified bystanders were there to witness this. Right before the people were to be executed (with a gunshot to the head) some soldiers noticed that they were short two people, so they asked for somebody from the crowd to take their place.

When I realized that nobody was volunteering (duh) I did, much to the dismay of my parents and sister. They tried to convince me otherwise, but I said "I'm not afraid of death" and I remember this part distinctly. My family was in tears, but I felt honored for some odd reason. I was proud...not scared at all.

The soldiers had me stand on a long platform in a line with others, and told me to light a match and put it behind my ear. This is where I started to feel a bit scared about my being put to death. I struck the match, but dropped it on the floor in my nervousness (is that a word?) Something on the floor started on fire, and I jumped off the platform and tried to stomp it out with my foot. This is where I woke up.

Please note that I very seldom remember my dreams and when I do, there is usually some significance. Any thoughts?

Diana

It's a very interesting dream... But before I even attempted to try and help you out with it, I would have to ask you a ton of indiscreet questions. Like how old you are, whether you're male or female, whether your parents are born and bred Americans and where your grandparents came from.....

There's something in your dream that belongs to the Collective Unconsciousness..... but it could be something passed on to you by your ancestors. I can't say unless you feel inclined to give more details about yourself.

Not a good idea to stomp out that flame.... a fire could have perhaps helped you all escape. Twice in that dream you make sure the executioners get to you.

BUT there is a sense of martyrdom here - in a "good" sense. You are sacrificing yourself for the good of the whole.

Which part of the world interests you most? South America? Europe? Asia? Did you recognise the uniforms the soldiers were wearing? What nationality were the soldiers?

Geez... so many questions.... :)

Nevada

I'm afraid Diana is right. I usually love to help with dreams. But I'm not going to jump right in on this one. There's a very different feel to it, possibly a past life dream?

If not, then maybe a dream about a major transforming experience. Is there anything big going on in your life right now? Are you about to start a new venture that your parents are worried about?

It may be that you need to give some thought to the types of events or circumstances in which you would be willing to make a big personal sacrifice, or that you need to decide what it is you really believe in.

Noblelement

Re

Ok - um...here goes.

I am a 14 year old female and am a freshman. I was honored with making the Show Choir auditions during my first year (which is something very new) and also being chosen for a girls chamber choir without an audition. I'm not very sure about getting into this...but my choir teacher asked me to be in it this past Friday and I said yes on monday which was the night I had my dream if I recall. well - it was monday or tuesday....

I'm single, and haven't had a boyfriend for a year, and don't plan on going out into the world to get one.

As far as my family history goes... My mother and father are americans. My father's parents are americans. Their parents are Italian and German. My mother's parents are americans, but were brought here when they were growing up. Or that's what I think anyways - My great aunt speaks some polish, but i'm not sure if it's Poland-Polish or My-family's-polish-and-speaks-it-in-america polish. Also some czech is mixed in here somewhere.

One very important note: Though this is my family's origin, my blood is 100% Chinese (taiwan to be more specific). I was adopted at 4 months old from an agency. This is all I know about my quote: "real" family. I love my parents and sisters too much to say and neither me nor my 2 other adopted sisters have any impulse whatsoever to go off to the orient and find my blood relatives. So don't ask. I grew up comfortable with the fact that I'm adopted...

As far as detailing my dream, i don't remember the soldier's uniforms, their nationality, or any details about them - just that they were killing off people or however I phrased it before. Since I don't remember them very well, i'm not sure if it is a very important detail. The clearest part of the dream was when I told my parents that I wasn't afraid of death, and the part where I dropped the match.

There was DEFINATELY an air of martyrdom...

And to answer your question, Diana, Japan is my country that interests me most..even after China, my birth-country... which wierds out my mom. But this is mostly because I'm a rabid Manga/Anime fan. And I have friends from Japan through the Exchange Student Program at my school.

I hope these details can help you interpret. This dream has been bugging me like a song stuck in your head....

Thank you guys!
LiMei Kishida <--- RolePlay Name! Mi real last name is italian

zorya

the dream could easily be about your audition if you are nervous about it. any chance you have seen a movie lately or read something about executions? sometimes these things meld with our real fears.

a choir stands in rows just like those to be executed stand in a line. both have others in front of them that may 'judge them'.

the choir might have been like the dream in that you were ok with 'joining' the others, but later started to realize what you were getting into. the match went behind your ear, which could have alot to do with how you 'sound' as a singer. dropping the match, could be about fear of 'dropping the ball', or messing up for everyone else. fire burns quickly, so may symbolize that in a way this all feels like this is all happening very fast.

btw, congratulations on making both choirs. you must be a wonderful singer.

Nevada

Noblelement said:
I was honored with making the Show Choir auditions during my first year (which is something very new) and also being chosen for a girls chamber choir without an audition. I'm not very sure about getting into this...but my choir teacher asked me to be in it this past Friday and I said yes on monday which was the night I had my dream if I recall. well - it was monday or tuesday....

Are you feeling any more sure now about getting involved with the chamber choir project? Monday was when you, in a sense, committed yourself to being part of it, so it could be the dream has to do with feeling a little like you stuck your neck out, or like things are moving along faster than you expected. Maybe there are some qualms about growing up and away from your family? (That's perfectly normal!)

It could be the dream has to do with processing any reservations you had about taking this step. The match behind the ear--are you feeling a little "wet behind the ears"? The word "execution" makes me think of carrying out a plan. Do you plan to be a singer?

It's always a little scary to follow our dreams. It's supposed to be, that keeps us following the dreams we care most about. If it's scary and you want to do it anyway, go for it. It's good to stretch yourself.

If it's not what you want, if it's someone else's plan for you rather than your own, then it's also perfectly appropriate not to go for it.

If it's close but not exactly the kind of singing you want to do, maybe you'll want to try it for a while, learn from it, and move on.

Please don't think I'm advising you whether to do this or not. That's not my place. It sounds like a great opportunity, but maybe you need to talk it over with your family, or privately review your reasons for wanting to do it.

Remember, you're the best person to interpret the symbols in your dream, since you came up with them.

Congratulations on these accomplishments. You must have a lovely singing voice.

isthmus nekoi

Noblelement (or can I call you Kishida san ^_^),

What strikes me about the air of martyrdom and your fascination w/Japanese culture* is the strong link Western, esp American society makes b/w Japanese and suicide. There is a sort of common assumption that Japanese ppl are quicker to sacrifice their lives for honor/war/employer than other ethnicities. (I must stress however, that this assumption is largely a construction drawn from America's first encounters w/Japan during WW2 eg kamikaze pilots, suicides of Okinawa etc) Perhaps this resonates w/you?... In any case, I'm sure this theme of martyrdom is more complex than this simple association.

As for the match, this seems highly significant, but b/c the image is so rich, it could hold many possible meanings, and I think you are in the best position to find its meaning....... w/dreams, if you do seek the meanings earnestly, they will come.....

*hey, me too! I had to keep my trip to Japan secret from my grandparents b/c they had to become refugees during WW2 when the Japanese attacked...