why is my pend doing this

Padma

Try making a homemade pendulum and see if you get the same shivering reaction. It doesn't have to be anything pretty.....just something with a hole on top so you can run a string or chain through it.

Well, I am going to use an aqua aura crystal point I have that is intended as a pendant and see if that works. I also have a point of man-made purple goldstone, I will try that too :) I think my shivering one will end up being a necklace :) I think it might be happier that way...

LaurelBelle

I have a friend who made my pendulum, and she gave it to me. She's very experienced in pendulums, and she said this pendulum was never hers. She said after she made it, it would never answer her or do anything but sit there. It moved for me right away. Actually, I had it for months before she told me it never moved for her, I called her to ask a question about its behavior. I was kind of touched when I figured out it was meant to be mine, though she didn't know it when she made it. Anyway, perhaps you aren't it's owner, and perhaps if you find the right owner, your own pendulum (better than one you had before) will come to you.

Padma

I have a friend who made my pendulum, and she gave it to me. She's very experienced in pendulums, and she said this pendulum was never hers. She said after she made it, it would never answer her or do anything but sit there. It moved for me right away. Actually, I had it for months before she told me it never moved for her, I called her to ask a question about its behavior. I was kind of touched when I figured out it was meant to be mine, though she didn't know it when she made it. Anyway, perhaps you aren't it's owner, and perhaps if you find the right owner, your own pendulum (better than one you had before) will come to you.

I had come rather to the same conclusion, yes ;)

Kris Hughes

Have read through this topic with interest. Here are my thoughts. I've shared similar before, here, but don't remember the name of the thread, etc.

First - if you want to work with a pendulum, it doesn't have to be made from a crystal. Your can hang a nut or washer (yes, I'm talking about hardware here) on a string and use that. Or pick something prettier, like a piece of jewelry. I do sometimes wonder whether people muddy the waters of their attempts with pendulums, by making them from crystals, as then you have added another energy to the situation. The power of a pendulum is not (not not NOT!) in the object itself! However, some very interesting energies do reside in crystals. If you are adept with both crystals and non-crystal pendulums then you might find a way to have the two working together for some kind of added effect. (And to all you who have only ever worked with your crystal pendulums, I say "well done" and that's fine - as long as it is working for you. However, I believe you are probably giving the crystal more credit in the deal than it is earning.)

Second - I have occasionally had pendulums do the trembling thing. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my own energy state - both mental and physical, which are related obviously. Try doing some experiments.
- Try holding the pendulum differently, or in the other hand. If you normally prop your elbow on the table, don't. If you don't normally prop your elbow, do. Try standing, sitting, changing your breathing, etc.
- Try a different pendulum. Not buying one, just make one out of something. If you get that working, go back and try the one you're having trouble with.
- Try swinging the pendulum on purpose. Forward and back, side to side, in clockwise and anti-clockwise circles. Get to know its weight and feel. It's possible that this is what doesn't suit you. Some people prefer more or less weight or a longer or shorter string/chain. The weight of the pendulum relative to the length and thickness of the string/chain can also affect things.

Best of luck!

louiseb

LOL this was the fight I was talking about.

Now I'm wondering......other than the side to side.....forward/back and circles....AFTER I started asking for guidance from my guides when I use my pendulum.....my pendulum does this motion...the only way I know to describe it is if you look at this X...the left side of my pendy would hit the top and bottom of the X on the left side and the right side of the pendy hitting the top and bottom of the X on the right side. OK I hope that makes sense....but anyway I wonder if that's the shivering motion your talking about? I just thought it was my guides way of letting me know they were ready to read so to speak.

Just curious for both of you......if the pendulum is shaking and you ask it a question what does it do?

I think I need to keep my pendulum away from my crystals or cleanse it "cause it's acting weird. I asked my guides if they make my pendulum do that back and forth X motion LOL and my pendulum started doing that motion so I said to show me a yes or no. I got a yes.

pmsl oh i thought you meant i had a fight with pendi bless her i wouldnt hurt her she, s my preciousssss. lol Ow stupid am i

Padma

Have read through this topic with interest. Here are my thoughts. I've shared similar before, here, but don't remember the name of the thread, etc.

First - if you want to work with a pendulum, it doesn't have to be made from a crystal. Your can hang a nut or washer (yes, I'm talking about hardware here) on a string and use that. Or pick something prettier, like a piece of jewelry. I do sometimes wonder whether people muddy the waters of their attempts with pendulums, by making them from crystals, as then you have added another energy to the situation. The power of a pendulum is not (not not NOT!) in the object itself! However, some very interesting energies do reside in crystals. If you are adept with both crystals and non-crystal pendulums then you might find a way to have the two working together for some kind of added effect. (And to all you who have only ever worked with your crystal pendulums, I say "well done" and that's fine - as long as it is working for you. However, I believe you are probably giving the crystal more credit in the deal than it is earning.)

Second - I have occasionally had pendulums do the trembling thing. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my own energy state - both mental and physical, which are related obviously. Try doing some experiments.
- Try holding the pendulum differently, or in the other hand. If you normally prop your elbow on the table, don't. If you don't normally prop your elbow, do. Try standing, sitting, changing your breathing, etc.
- Try a different pendulum. Not buying one, just make one out of something. If you get that working, go back and try the one you're having trouble with.
- Try swinging the pendulum on purpose. Forward and back, side to side, in clockwise and anti-clockwise circles. Get to know its weight and feel. It's possible that this is what doesn't suit you. Some people prefer more or less weight or a longer or shorter string/chain. The weight of the pendulum relative to the length and thickness of the string/chain can also affect things.

Best of luck!

good advice! Thanks! :) I know some people who have used such things even as cameras on the hand strap as a pendy, lol!

DownwardSpiral

good advice! Thanks! :) I know some people who have used such things even as cameras on the hand strap as a pendy, lol!

Yeah I have to agree Kris gave some really good advice : )

DownwardSpiral

Well, I am going to use an aqua aura crystal point I have that is intended as a pendant and see if that works. I also have a point of man-made purple goldstone, I will try that too :) I think my shivering one will end up being a necklace :) I think it might be happier that way...

Maybe your pendulum just wants to hang out with your other crystals : )

Seriously though that just reminded me of a thread (somewhere here) where someone was giving readings with crystal sculls. She? had aquired a new crystal scull...only the scull wouldn't give readings and only wanted to sit on the shelf (don't quote me here because I can't remember exactly but I'm thinking it refused to)

Kris Hughes

I have had days when my pendulum didn't want to play. I just figure it's telling me "Get a life!"

louiseb

I have had days when my pendulum didn't want to play. I just figure it's telling me "Get a life!"

pmsl yes my thoughts exactly, it is annoying though and i have tried everything with this pendi. would be interesting to know when to give up on a pendi.