Ouija boards and pendulums, how do you know its not...

QueenofCups(rx)

I use tarot cards and believe of them to be a bridge to my inner self. However I believe ouija boards and pendulum charts are used to connect to spirits on the other side...How do you know the spirit that you connect with is not communicating with you with underlying malicious intent. Just as I believe some people are good and bad some spirits can be as well. How do you know to trust the answers they tell you or that the dead you're communicating with is that actual spirit of the loved one and not an imposter??? How do you keep from being possessed like the Exorcist? Ive never dabbled into those divination tools out of fear but am curious to those that use it.

HOLMES

i can only speak of a general nature

in general you want to ground yourself as step one, and as step two charge up yourself with the light and surrounding area as step two. that is what i do when i read the tarot cards..

the yes yes board is a differnt beast as for it to really work you have to open yourself to spiriits who are around for it to work.

of interesting note 2 of the spiritual teachers who have come through did so first through the board,, orin for sanaya roman,, and micheal teachings through the board ..

and seth , the guide for jane roberts

"Another famous Spiritual entity who first appeared by means of the Ouija board called himself “Seth”, who first made an appearance when Jane Roberts and her husband first began using a Ouija board in 1963. The entity eventually introduced itself as Frank Withers who died in 1942 after his most recent physical life as an English teacher. He preferred to be called “Seth” and stated his mission as helping people to understand themselves and reality better.

Through Jane Roberts, Seth dictated several best-selling books dealing with the nature of reality, reincarnation, Astral travel, dreams and the nature of God. Seth also provided step-by-step teachings on meditation techniques and extra-sensory perception. He was also able to diagnose illnesses, correctly describe the contents of buildings and rooms many miles away, and materialised as an apparition in well-lit settings. "

from http://www.ourultimatereality.com/the-ouija-board-and-its-hidden-dangers.html

the psychic circle board was like the oujia board but was supposed to be more postively charged.
http://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Circle-Amy-Zerner/dp/0671866451

if i recall correctly with the ouja you can ask the planchetee to go towards the spirit alignment to astertain if it was from the light.

i hope oujia boards users if any , who use the board can answer your question better..
if not perhaps this
http://www.theastralworld.com/occult/how-to-use-a-ouija-board.php
http://www.theastralworld.com/occult/ouijaboardtips.php
http://www.greatdreams.com/ouija.htm

ghost271

Ultimately you dont know really. You have to take their word for it. I used to use boards for quite some time and had mostly neutral or negative experiences. In the end, the only spirits i choose to communicate with are my past relatives and guides. Anything that i need insite to i can accurately get from my tarot or oracle decks.

Miss Divine

Most people don't know what they're messing with when they use these boards. I've used them years ago, but I will never because of some baddd experiences. Still makes me shudder... So to answer the original question...You don't know whether you'll have a ''good'' one or a ''bad'' one coming through.

Kangiska

Hello

My first reaction to your post it "why, in hell's name: underlying MALICIOUS intend"???

Even if it was a contact to our unconscious, does that make it MALICIOUS?
*sigh*

When I was very young, my mother used 'automatic writing' to get into touch with my grandmother. When I started trying it too, I got answers I could not know, but could check afterwards with my mother.
Today I don't need tools for this anymore.

Nevertheless: there has never been anything malicious, when I kept my egotism out of it.

Kangiska

Miss Divine

Just like there are malicious people, there are also malicious spirits. Just because they are dead doesnt mean they all of a sudden become ''holy''!

Good for you that you've never had any negative experiences! But that doesn't mean we've all been so lucky...

Kangiska

I didn't have such experiences, because I questioned myself why I would attract something like that!

But well, that means - as always - work on ourselves ;-)

NikkiB

I have no experiance of boards etc but I do have experiance of negative attachments, I don't think its a question of us attracting negative I think its more about them being attracted to energy and occasionally feeding of that energy. I think there is an idea that once people pass they become nice etc and I don't believe this to be the case, I think spirit can be anything from nice, to downright evil or simply micheavious. My experiances have been of negative and also of a man who was very attached to me, he meant me to harm but his attachment to me made him try to keep others away from it and it was incredibly detrimental to my life.

So in all these things I would say exercise caution and be very clear about who you will and wont work with on an energetic level, strong intention is a huge part of your protection..

enchanted spirit

So, let's get this back on topic!

When I was a teen a friend had been experimenting with the ouija board and said that she was getting all kinds of messages that she was evil and such. I was very curious and agreed to try it with her. She told me to ask it anything I wanted. I asked it a lot of questions that my friend didn't know the answer to, but I did, and they were all right. I wasn't pushing the little thing either, it seemed to move of it's own accord. It didn't say anything else, no comments about evil or anything else!

Well, one of the questions I asked the board was how old my mother was. I got the answer that I was thinking, but I realized later that night that my mother had recently had her birthday and wasn't the age I was thinking any more. To this day I believe my subconscious mind was guiding the little thing (what DO you call it? LOL) around that board. I know I didn't do it on purpose, but unless some spirit was reading my mind to get the wrong answer, it just came from me.

I do believe that it would be possible for some other entity to control the board, that just wasn't my experience. I agree that if you choose to experiment with the ouija you should try to focus your intent to the positive before beginning. If you are having negative experiences you should probably stop.

ghost271

With spirit communication, if you dont know what youre doing, you're at risk.
I imagine it like this.
Imagine you're in a football stadium in the middle of the field and then the lights are turned off. You stand there in the dark for five minutes but during that time the bleachers have been filled with people. Now you reach into your pocket and pull out a lighter and light it. You then start calling out to your deceased Uncle Bob. What do you think everyone in that stadium is going to be looking at ? How many people do you think would come down, stand beside you, and say ' Yeah its me Uncle Bob'.

If i was to be in that situation i'd want a bright lamp at my feet so i could see a fair distance out. I'd also want a few 'Security guards' by my side with flashlights and big muscles checking IDs on anyone wanting to come talk to me.

Just my take and experience.