Augury question

LaurelBelle

Okay, the answer seems fairly obvious but I wanted to ask because some oddities are happening, so if there is a deeper level or something I might not have considered I'd like to be able to contemplate it. I don't know anything about divining from bird flight, but with the stuff that has been going on, I know this was an omen or message.

My friend and I have had some recent coincidences in both of our lives, and some ongoing themes. One of them is communication between lovers on a higher plane, and I know the birds relate to that. She did a tarot reading while I was on the phone with her and I was sitting on my porch. Two western kingbirds flew in front of me (never landing) and flew around each other, one (probably the male) feeding the other a bug mid flight. I was struck by their pretty yellow bellies (hmm, now I can also see a possibility about a connection with the solar plexus chakra)

I told my friend and she laughed. She then said, "The next card is the page of cups. On this deck (Celtic Tarot, I believe), he is playing a harp and he is surrounded by small birds flying around him."

Any insights?

Milfoil

Any happening which catches your attention and you have that gut feeling about will have a message. Birds are archetypal messengers and always have been, since the time of the Sumerians (where the original 'Angel' images of humans with wings came from) through to contemporary 1st nation beliefs around the world.

What do the birds mean to you, what do their colours mean, were they going from left to right, what direction and what do those directions mean to you? Everything is significant but the message was for you so will be in your inner language of understanding. I don't know anything about Western Kingbirds so have no information to give you there but here we have a similar bird called a Yellow Hammer. For me (and this applies to my experience and may not be transferable to yours) they herald change, sometimes uncomfortable but necessary.

If you can learn all you can about these birds, what they mean to you, what they represent etc, the message will become clearer. Augury is a fascinating and incredibly old method of receiving messages from the Gods/Spirits. They show us what we need to know.