The Next Step for my Book ???

How would you like TB's OOP book to be reincarnated?

• Convince a new publisher to print it.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I like to turn paper pages; please POD it for me.

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Electronic format; Kindle, Nook, etc. works for me.

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters

HOLMES

ah yes,,

I find the hermit card flash light to be kind of camp, perhaps he should have a big lantern behind him, or a big spotlit(one of those big flashlights that are square at the bottom not one of those big hollywood spotlits) at his feet as he looks for people.
the question i ask your personal hermit is what he is doing to avoid the bugs out there on the mountaing eheh.

I do look forward to your deathcard, the strength card, have you thought about putting your head in the mouth of the lion while giving us a wink ?

tarotbear

It's a camp flashlight, silly!

gregory

It's a camp flashlight, silly!

That's cunning ;) but will it be at all of an issue when teaching ??? Might you have the odd - STRAIGHT student ? :laugh:

Perish the thought...

tarotbear

The biggest problem is that I am NOT out to trash the RWS deck, but it is kinda fun to poke some fun at it. It still has to bear some resemblence to the card it is replacing without going tooooooooo far! :D

BTW - regardless of the illustrations, the class will have the 'standard' RWS deck to study from ... which should keep the straight people happy .....

danieljuk

hope you can get a republished version out tarotbear
I just brought your book a few weeks ago from Amazon UK. It's not available from them directly but a book seller had it as brand new! It took aggggges to come though, like about 3 weeks and was posted from America! glad I now own a copy :)

tarotbear

danieljuk ~

Thank you very much! I don't think there are many unsold copies out there at this point, but used copies are readily available it seems - some at record silly prices! I hope you did not get taken!

I have to work on this project every available moment that I can!

tarotbear

almost there ... !

I inked five cards today - not bad for someone with no A/C in this heat!

I am stuck ... really stuck on the Death card. All the rest of the Major Arcana are finished. So many ways to want to go and Don't want to go with it.

I could have turned myself into Temperance - in fact, it was not going to be an angel at first, but as I decided NOT to make it into myself, I decided to keep the original motif and added the stylized wings.

The Sun, Moon, Star, and World cards are all pretty much redrawn images you are familiar with.

The Tower - I did not want to draw more human figures, and really want to get rid of the medival clothing - so I left them out entirely. {{BTW- these drawings are only 6 1/4" by 3 11/16" finished}}

Attachments

• 014 Temperance.jpg
    014 Temperance.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 016 Tower.jpg
    016 Tower.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 018 Moon.jpg
    018 Moon.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 106

HOLMES

hm yes

I think we should keep you as the motiff at least for the major arcana.
i was so looking forward to seeing that bearded face on the temperance,
and to see that bearded figure on top of the tower ready to jump or jumping already.
even for the moon you could show a feral beard figure on one side and a kind bearded figure on the other side of the road. (with two dogs at their feet).
it just kind of wreck the motiff though i know you aren't going for your own tarot deck,, just trying ot get some illustrations for your book.

but as they stand good work :),

MandMaud

I'm another who wanted the 'both' option but voted POD.

In another life (the poetry-writing life) I have friends and in particular one who knows quite a lot about this and is familiar with both sites such as Lulu, and using pictures in self-published books. If you get in touch with the editor of IMPpress http://bit.ly/IMPpress and say I sent you, I'm sure he'll advise - he's tech-savvy, and generous with his knowledge on this kind of thing!

He doesn't know I'm into Tarot, and prides himself on sciency atheism, so you could just say you know mand online. <embarrassed grin>

tarotbear

I like your Moon concept, but as I said - until I have all 78 images done I'm not going to be changing anything unless it really bothers me, because it means redrawing the entire card out by hand. This is all pencils, erasers, and markers, you know!