Book to help me with the MINCHIATE........

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Citizen

Polyhymnia 
Book to help me with the MINCHIATE........

Hi all,
I have just had my first foray into reading with my Minchiate, (the Minchiate Fiorentine, Il Meneghello) What a wonderful deck! I am in love with the TdM and feel that this deck will become one of my preferred decks alongside my Soprafino. Although I tend to read more intuitively, or vision-ally, from the images, I am contemplating getting a book to help me with this deck. There is not much at all on the net re the Minchiate, thus my decision to look at books. It may end up in the pile with all the other books I have bought on tarot and ended up abandoning, but none the less, I feel that I can not go wrong with having something on hand whilst I explore this wonderful deck.
I have heard many of you refer to Brian Williams's book. I understand that this is probably the most "up to date" book on this deck.
Do any of you have any comments or recommedations for me.
Thanking you in advance
Poly
Top   #1
Citizen

Nickigirl 

The new Lo Scarabeo minchiate comes with a multilingual book. It's not very detailed but seems to give traditional meanings for the cards.
Top   #2
Citizen

garmonbozia 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyhymnia View Post
I have heard many of you refer to Brian Williams's book. I understand that this is probably the most "up to date" book on this deck.
I love minchiate decks. The Brian William's book is the best resource I am familiar with. While I am a big fan of his artwork, I have never really cared much for what he did with this deck. This set though is a must own, for the book alone. The deck has grown on me a little bit, but it's still my least favorite minchiate.
Top   #3
Citizen

Polyhymnia 

Thank you to both of you. I am amazed that there is so little to read on this deck. Garmonbozia, you have confirmed what I thought, that the Brian Williams is really the only book out there. Like yourself, I do not like the art work of this deck. But if I must buy the deck to get the book, so be it
Thanks again
Top   #4
in a barrel in the yard

firecatpickles 

My two cents is that the Williams deck is worth it just to get the book. (Or the book is worth it to get the deck?)

Anyway, Williams clearly put much research in the book and it is a great resource.
Top   #5

Citizen

Polyhymnia 

Thank you Fire Cat
I have posted in the trading section asking if anyone has the book that they want to sell on
Top   #6
Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.