Jellyfish dream

rainboweve

So last night I had a dream that I was at a fancy hotel complete with swimming pool but for some reason a few wealthy people thought it would be a great idea to fill it up with jellyfish. There weren't too many of them, but it seemed like the pool was still meant for swimming so I swam away until I was - bit? by a jellyfish. I wasn't stung, it was more like it had clamped on to me somehow and had to be pulled off quite forcefully and it left a sort of suction mark once it was removed, on my breast.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of such a dream but I had another dream that involved jellyfish about a month ago, so I am guessing that someone is trying to tell me something. In that dream I was at the beach and stung by a jellyfish in the usual manner, on my leg, so I'm worried I'm not getting the message I need with the jellyfish getting more aggressive.

My first thoughts were that jellyfish are spineless, so maybe I need to be bolder about things in certain areas of my life, but I'm not sure how that fits in with the jellyfish attacking me. Something that just occurred to me is that something/someone that seems weak is going to hurt/attack me somehow. I am wondering if it was just a dream based on my fears, as I won't swim in the ocean for fear of all the little creatures in it and I'm terrified of pool drains, but do still swim in pools. Using that direction I would say that something is trying to tell me I'm not safe in either body of water, natural or man-made, but this is sort of something I already realize.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has insights about the jellyfish and its attacks I'd love to hear them, especially since the attack has moved higher up and I'm worried I'm missing a pressing message.

Roy

So you got stung by the jelly fish twice?
Once in the hotel pool and another in the ocean?

Your dreams trying to tell you about your prejudice against something or someone. You believe in something but its not true. You're making a mistake in your life but you're not aware of it just yet. You need to go through an enlightening process

Your dreams are asking you to observe your life before making any decisions or else you'll make a mistake that'll leave you hurt

Bhavana

Well, let us consider the jellyfish as an animal - it must have acceptance and faith, it has to go with the flow, wherever the current takes it, and just hope that it will be a good place.
(no, I didn't come up with this myself, I looked it up)

The jellyfish of your most recent dream are trapped within the confines of a swimming pool, they aren't going anywhere. They have no space, no freedom. Maybe you have some area of your life where you might feel this way? (this I did come up with myself)

As for your other dream, it could have been related to your fears. I don't think ALL dreams have some deep meaning - sometimes we just dream about the things we care for or are worried about.

I found this online:

Jellyfish in a Dream | What does it mean when I dream about jellyfish?

To dream of jellyfish means hidden hostility or beautiful situations that are overshadowed by a harsh reality. Jellyfish reflect issues that have allure, but cause you a lot of pain when you get too close to them. To dream of the marine animal jellyfish means that you are not being yourself, so start being yourself. To dream of being stung by a jellyfish means that you are under stress. For a women to dream that she is stung by a jellyfish means that she is having problems with her wedding.

However, who comes up with this stuff? Anyone can interpret any dream in a different way. I think dreams and their symbolism are specific to the person dreaming, and that we have to look very closely at the dream, and try to figure out what it might mean in relation to our own reality. I mean, come on, "problems with her wedding"??? How do they get that from a jellyfish sting??

Milfoil

Jellyfish are strange creatures, insubstantial (like unfounded worries), easily damaged, capable of moving but often without a sense of direction other than up or down. They have only one home - water which suggests that this is an emotional issue.

Being bitten or sucked by a jellyfish and especially on the breast suggests that something (an issue) is potentially draining your nurturing and caring feelings. It doesn't scar so much as drag you down and leave a mark.

Being in a swimming pool suggests a safe place to 'dive' into an empathic or emotional situation whereas the ocean suggests a way bigger and deeper connection to the collective unconscious as Jung put it.

Swimming always seems to suggest being out of one's natural environment, perhaps enjoyable but easy to get out of one's depth. From an psychological point of view I wonder if there is an issue where you feel that more is being expected of you from what you see as a short term connection or committment than you would normally consider appropriate?

N1ghts0ng

perhaps the jellyfish is someone in your life. on the surface it's something fairly easy to overlook but it could be an emotional issue that has clung to you and is actually harming you.

rainboweve

Thank you all for all the replies.

Based on everything everyone has said here and my own gut feelings, I believe the dreams actually had to do with me doing tarot readings. Milfoil mentioned that there is something draining my nurturing, caring side.. and I've found doing readings online rather emotionally draining at times because it seems that people like to see readers as an alternate to counselors. I do enjoy helping people, but I am a Queen of Cups type so I get easily overwhelmed with emotions, even if they're not necessarily my own. So, I've had to take a step back and reconsider my current path.. not to mention since I've had this dream I've been seeing jellyfish EVERYWHERE and then lost one of the cards from my deck, so it's definitely time to refocus.