Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

Carla

They say their creative journey is guided by the blessed Sirian High Council.

Wow.

Well, I looked at the four samples provided and this is totally not for me. It is very sparkly-glowy for those who like this sort of thing, though!

Dain

This is definitely something I'll consider buying as I'm interested in these matters. I wish they had a few more samples and more than the barest and most generic information about the keys etc.

magpie9

O Dear. I really don't think I could get into a deck with titles like Indigo and Higher Self, and all that. It makes me want to hide out under the refreshment table and pray no one notices me creeping away. Reminds me of the time, many years ago, when one of my roommates drug me to an introductory thing for a cult. I put a false name on my name tag and snuck out early.

Dain

O Dear. I really don't think I could get into a deck with titles like Indigo and Higher Self, and all that. It makes me want to hide out under the refreshment table and pray no one notices me creeping away. Reminds me of the time, many years ago, when one of my roommates drug me to an introductory thing for a cult. I put a false name on my name tag and snuck out early.

Oh, my! That must have been traumatic! I can't blame you really.
Personally, I see these terms as generic new age lingo, though, not particular "cultish" ones, even though certain cults use them too.

Eeviee

Does anyone have this yet?

After seeing the images on Aeclectic, I realized it wouldn't be for me. Some of the art is provocative, but a lot of it just seems to lack depth for such an interesting concept...

I just saw a video review on Amazon US. My thoughts were:
- The cards are very large. Think Large Thoth/RWS.
- I like the card backs, interesting design.
- The deck itself seems very New-Agey in the stereotypical context. And like a commentor before me, the guy kinda seemed like he was entranced by some "cult"... o.0;

I'd be interested in seeing others opinions on the deck, who have it.

Morwenna

I haven't seen the slides (how do I bring them up?) but I saw the main pages. It does look interesting. I do like the art; I wonder how the minors would work though. (I like that Emperor.) We'll see.

tarotcognito

That web-site was really off-putting, the cards seem ok though. I so wish they hired another webdesigner though, that glowing and blinking was like a flash-back to the 90:ies and Geocity
Ugh. I`m so with you on that.

Don`t think I`ll get the deck. Renamed cards make me twitch.

Morwenna

Oh, I don't know... Renamed cards if they make sense are OK for me. Each deck is different.

I do want to see more of this one though.

rwcarter

Just got a shipping notification from Amazon that my deck should be here by Monday.

rwcarter

My deck arrived today. First thing I notice is that there's no shrinkwrap on the box, but the cards inside the box are shrinkwrapped. Second thing I notice is that the cards are HUGE - 102mm x 153mm (4" x 6"). Next I notice that the cards have a brickness to them - not quite a USG brick, but a number of cards are slightly stuck together. But they easily separate.

Most of the Majors have been renamed:
Fool is Starseed
Magician is Indigo
High Priestess is Higher Self
Empress is Abundance
Emperor is Reason
Hierophant is Guidance
Hermit is Reflection
Wheel of Fortune is The Great Wheel
Justice (11) is Divine Justice
Death is Transition
Temperance is Alchemy
Devil is The Shadow
Moon is Luna
Sun is Solar Deity
Judgement is Karma
World is Ascension

The suits are Crystals (Earth), Chalices (Water), Orbs (Air), Flames (Fire). The depictions are close enough to Rider Waite to make the cards easily identifiable and readable even if you can't remember that Orbs are Air or Crystals are Earth. But the depictions veer off enough that there isn't a heart pierced by 3 orbs or a person with 10 orbs against his body or 8 flames flying through the sky.

The Courts are a hodgepodge image-wise. The ranks are Seeker (females), Adept (Males), Sage (Females) and Master (Males). While there appears to be real people (and therefore photocollage) in the Minors, the Seeker of Orbs looks like a cartoon character, the Sage of Orbs looks like a tile picture from the side of a building, and the Master of Crystals is just a crystal skull.

The backs are not reversible. The outer white border on the cards is thin enough that I don't think much would be gained from trimming it off. But there is an inner star border around the images, which themselves are 84mm x 122mm (3-5/16"x 5").

The companion book is 87 numbered pages. Each Major is covered in just over 1 page to just under 2 pages each. A large postage stamp-sized image accompanies the text for each Major. The next card starts just down from the previous card instead of each card starting on a new page. The pips are covered in about a page (give or take) each, while the Courts are discussed as ranks but without specific suit interpretations. The are no images of the pips or Courts included with the text. Reversed meanings are not given in the book, but ways of handling reversed cards are discussed on one page. A single, original spread is included in the book.