Tarot Forum    

Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

> Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

With a deck like that - I now shuffle a different one and then pull the cards from the unshuffleable one... It's probably a crime, but it works for me !
Top   #71
Citizen

mingbop 

I'm laying them out like playing cards on the floor and doing it that way..
Top   #72
Resident

Kate30 
I'm getting these for Christmas!

My partner has bought me these for Christmas, and I plan to do a written and video review of them - I will post it here!
The concept really appealed to me but I tend to dislike photo-collage art in Tarot decks, so I really hesitated to get this deck, but the images I saw really intrigued me.
Top   #73
Resident

Kate30 
My Sirian Starseed Tarot Review

I got these cards for Christmas and I ended up writing a review for my website and also made a video review link to personal website removed by moderator

Overall, I really like this deck. I wasn't really sure if I would be into the art, since its a photography style deck and I usually really dislike those. But this one I liked!

The cards are very big - this makes them trickier to shuffle, but it lets you really get into each card. The card quality is excellent and I am sure will withstand years of rough shuffling.

What I like most about this deck is how different it is to all my other decks. It has a totally different feel and vibe and that's important to me because I have so many decks now.

All in all, this deck is worth getting if you like the images.
Top   #74
Citizen

merissa_88 
Wondering what people like about this deck?

I'm interested in lightbody, star wisdom and ETs. I'm studying with a woman who has created a unique card system that includes these topics and am working on a card deck myself.

My question is: what are people getting and using this deck? Is the ascension/ET/starseed info appealing or is it because it's attractive?

Thanks for any feedback about this.
Top   #75
Oraculist

Shade 

Played with a demo copy of the deck yesterday at a local store and they certainly are tremendously large cards. I'm not familiar with the Sirian background but I saw no images of Indigo Children or Crystal Children or what-have-you. It looked like a deck that would be pretty compatible for any folks interested in energy healing and new age spirituality (and just because sometimes it's used that way I want to clarify I do not use the term "new age" to be in any way dismissive).

The guys in the deck were pretty cute. That's almost enough reason to purchase ;-).
Top   #76
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

It's simply the images.

If I was unable to avoid the starseed/indigo/whatever side of it I wouldn't even want to use them. I don't like decks with agendas that assume I believe in something other than - well, tarot, actually ! Overlaying is the stuff of non-tarot oracles, IMHO
Top   #77
Citizen

mingbop 

Well I'm seriously not into new age anything or indigo stuff - I just like the images and the colours
Top   #78
Citizen

Chiriku 

I've surprised myself a lot over the past year--I don't "do" fairies; I bought the Hertz Faerie Tarot. I don't "do" digital art (and had a track record of hating the Gilded); I let curiosity and a need to prove myself wrong guide me to buy Ciro Marchetti's two most recent decks.

And I am probably among the people on this site who is furthest from both "New Age" beliefs and tolerance for "love and light"-style imagery, yet I just purchased Sirian Starseed. The bait included: the large size; the celestial visual themes; and someone's description of it as a stripped-down Voyager (a deck I'm very fond of).

I plan to do as gregory does and pointedly ignore all links to "starseed" philosophies. Ignoring those cards (like the Indigo one) featuring people who look cult-washed is another plan.
Top   #79
Citizen

merissa_88 
Thanks for the great comments.

This was a deck that I thought might turn people off because of the theme. I'm wondering if the cards look different from the scans. I actually like large cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiriku View Post
And I am probably among the people on this site who is furthest from both "New Age" beliefs and tolerance for "love and light"-style imagery, yet I just purchased Sirian Starseed. The bait included: the large size; the celestial visual themes; and someone's description of it as a stripped-down Voyager (a deck I'm very fond of).
That's so interesting! I thought of the Voyager (which I also like) when I first saw it.
Top   #80

Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Tarot Readings
· Reading Exchange
Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· 2000+ Tarot Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us. Advertise with us.