Which deck has your favourite and least favourite back design/colour ets and why???

Carla

I like the backs on Kat Black's Touchstone, Gaian Tarot, ad Harmonious. My most disliked backs are Roots of Asia (ugh!) and Osho Zen (totally not in keeping with the deck--though I really hate that deck and got rid of mine, I do remember the backs.)

I think Touchstone is my favourite. Just a pattern all the way across, nothing fussy.

mysticmonkey

My favourite and least favourite are versions of the same deck. My favourite is the original Tarot of the Magical Forest by Leo Tang. Simple design, simple white on purple colour scheme. The LS version which I adore in all other ways; images, card stock etc has a truly hideous murky green repeated pattern on the back. Which I still can't work out which card it is from.

I quite like the repeated pattern on the Fey though but then you can tell what that is and is a more attractive colour.

My 1970's RWS with the plaid backs is a little bit disappointing too. It's ok but just so uninspiring. I've always liked the rose and lily backs on the Original Rider Waiter but I just can't get on with that card stock.

cmarie

My favorite is the Morgan Greer, blue with white Stars on the back. A close second would be the Universal Waite pocket edition, blue with a yellow star emerging from 'clouds' (I think).

I find them both pleasing and relaxing.

I don't have any I don't like at this point.

periwinkling

I don't have the Crystal Tarots, but from what I can see, that is a really beautiful back.
Of the decks I own, my favorite is actually not a tarot deck, but the piatnik lenormand - http://www.imge.mosigra.ru/_/products/big/b/1f/d2161c0fe177bbca0e2a5e77a8085/piatnik_lenormand.jpg I just like anything monochrome and a bit repetitive, like a lot of you guys.
The worst you can put on a back is something reminiscent of one of the cards. Same goes for a tarot box... Admittedly, it makes it easier to pick a deck in a shop, but it just gets stuck in my brain as the cover, and then has less impact in a reading (archeon tarot high priestess, universal fantasy 2 of swords, mystical lenormand stars...)
I try and throw away the box quickly, but it still gets "stuck" in there. The universal fantasy has a modified wheel of fortune on the back, I hate that.
Preferrably, the back should just look nothing like a tarot card in itself.

BeyondtheVeil

Card backs that I like and don't like..

I :heart: LOVE :heart: the Crystal Visions Tarot backs. I just think they are beautiful! :)

I also like how simple the Mythic Tarot backs are as they are reversible without a lot of busy stuff going on.

My newest deck, Ghosts & Spirits Tarot has pretty cute backs. I like the ghosts on the back. I also really love the artwork on the front of the cards. I was very impressed. :)

Backs that I don't really care too much for:

I LOVE doing readings with the Sacred Rose Tarot deck, but I just can't get over the back of the cards. I don't really like the artwork on front of the cards either, but they give very accurate readings so I keep them.

The Hanson-Roberts deck is also an easy reading deck, but I don't really care for the backs of those cards either.

I am sure there are other backs that I don't care for, but most of my decks are in storage currently. I will update again after I get them out.

BeyondtheVeil

Wooden Nickel

The rose and lily backs of the Original Rider-Waite are very pretty. Too bad US Games didn't use that pattern on their Pamela Colman Smith Centennial deck.

Owl Song

My favorite is the Fenestra with those roses. It's just so pretty.

I also like the Magic Realist Press Fairytale Tarot backs. Simple but so fitting for the deck.

Morwenna

Believe it or not, I like simple backs the best: geometrics, symmetry, even backs like commercial playing cards. That includes the plaid backs on the RWS, which I seem to be the only one on the planet who likes. :) Of course, most of my decks aren't like that. One that is is the Universal Waite, black and star-studded, with a plain border.

One I don't like, though the deck itself is one of my all-time favorites, is the Morgan Greer. Such a dull color, and no symmetry! It reminds me of those old cardboard boxes where the outside was printed in glorious color on white overlay, and the reverse side, even if pictorial, was monochrome (usually blue) on the plain brown cardboard. Yeesh.